What are you making for dinner?

by riz 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Riz,

We used the John Morrell brand, just like in hot dogs. It just wasn't A LOT of it, and the rice kinda takes away the grease too.

• Francois
    Francois

TONIGHT

Smoked chork pops
    Collard greens with a little bacon drippings
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Scratch Biscuits
    Iced Tea

I do something with a leg of lamb similar to above. I de-bone it and fill with fresh rosemary and mint. I tie it back up with butcher's net and place it on a spit which I put on an electric motor over glowing charcoal and let it turn slowly until medium rare. It will make your tongue beat your brains slap out of your head. I like to pour a good hearty burgandy with this dish, or perhaps a very good merlot.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Maybe I am silly but the lamb sounds great but I never have had any I liked....hmmm Maybe if we cook it it will be different.

Tonight:

Thunder is cookin

Roasted Chicken

Twice baked potato w/cheese n stuff n chives

Iced tea

and I made melon balls that have been chilling since noon cantelope and watermelon

PS: I thought everything sounded great especially the bread pudding with aspargus and morrel mushrooms oh MY

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I must do penance for my lunch. Therefore tonight I am having a tossed salad with spinach, endive and artichoke hearts. And a Coke, to keep me awake.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I made spaghetti and meatballs.

• teejay
    teejay

I've prepared Church's Chicken. With jalapeno's on the side. Yum.

p.s. My, what strange facial hair you have, Rizzy! Sheesh. I never woulda thunk it. Just so you know... you're still cool with me.

• teejay
    teejay

Uh, pardon me Rizzy but...

Yo, Frank! I just noticed something. Your pic looks to the Left and mine looks to the Right. Wonder what it means...

• riz
    riz

thanks Yeru for the chorizo suggestion. I'll give it a try.

lol Teej- that's not me, silly I still can't post my real photo so I guess I'll just have to resort to idolatry for now. I'm glad we're still cool though if one day I do for some freakish reason sprout facial hair.

Everybody's dinners sounded fab-u-lous. Special thanks to Seven though- I ended up making spicy chicken jambalaya with hot sauce. mmmmmm....

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

tonight I am making pasta shells and homemade sauce...but last night I did the old

whateverisinthefridge or salamagunji.

it consisted of a pound of bacon(cut into one inch size pieces--kitchen shears work great for this on frozen bacon...) with half the drippings reserved, two large sweet onions chopped, a small head of green cabbage chopped, a pound bag of frozen butter beans and a pound bag of frozen white corn all tossed in the bacon and drippings and lightly sauteed until the beans were soft. (the beans had been pre-cooked) salt and pepper to taste. and I served it with rice flavored with tomato bouillion(I get the mexican brand that comes in powder--it is a miracle quickie ingredient for tons of things!) it was so good, my husband came home for lunch of left overs which is a rare treat!

Ravyn

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG I thought I was the only one with a bacon dinner recipe.

I use a pound of Canadian bacon and saute sliced baby carrots, celery, onions, red, yellow and green bell peppers in the drippings and garlic - lots of garlic. Add sliced fresh mushrooms near the end of the cooking time.

Served over a bed of baby pasta shells with lots of romano or parmesan cheese.

Hubby calls it his heart attack dinner but keeps begging me to make it

I used to use regular bacon but am finding it harder to find good bacon these days

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit