What are you making for dinner?

by riz 41 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

I have to make dinner tonight and I'm drawing a blank. I would appreciate some ideas What are my friends on JWD having tonight?

• integ
    integ

I'll probably have macaroni and cheese......after i have a vodka martini.

• Princess
    Princess

We are having chicken enchilada casserole with beans and rice.

Just barbecue up some chicken or steak and bake some potatoes, that is always a great dinner!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Rice with Chorizo (spicy sausage) and garbanzo beans.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Try my speciality:

Bone a leg of lamb and butterfly it. Sprinkle the inside of it with black pepper and rosemary, then smear it with a paste of crushed garlic and wholegrain mustard. Then add a layer of roasted and peeled red peppers (capsicums, for the benefit of my fellow Aussies). Roll it back up into a leg of lamb shape (tie it with string to retain the shape) and roast it as per normal, with roasted vegetables. It's amazing how all those flavours infuse the meat!

• riz
    riz

that sounds tasty, integ. vodka with a macaroni chaser

thanks Princess. steak is always good! your dinner sounds delish.

I've never had any luck with chorizo, Yeru. Every kind I've ever made was so greasy. Do you have a brand that you especially like?

thanks everybody!

• riz
    riz

holy schnikes, Steph! that sounds awesome. I'll try that next time I don't wait until the last minute to make dinner

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    holy schnikes, Steph! that sounds awesome. I'll try that next time I don't wait until the last minute to make dinner

You're right, Riz, there's a little preparation involved... But well worthwhile!

I created that dish in response to my family's "Oh no, not roast leg of lamb again!" I went completely mad and came up with the above recipe. Now they all look forward to roast lamb; go figure!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Smoked haddock

Cauliflower cheese

Mange toute

Carrots

Mouton cadet.

Englishman.

• Lutece
    Lutece

a spring bread pudding flavored with asparagus, morel mushrooms and three cheeses along with some chicken marinated and then grilled on the grill, cold beer and later we'll indulge in some strawberry shortcake with real biscuits and creamy vanilla ice cream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit