What are you making for dinner?

by riz 41 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Budget Gormet???

• Seven
    Seven

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filé gumbo!

• Makena1
    Makena1

Stephanus and Seven- I will be right over with the perfect wine. You have described two of my favorite dishes.

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filé gumbo - would go great with a Domaine Serene Pinot Noir, or a Viognier.

Bone a leg of lamb and butterfly it. Sprinkle the inside of it with black pepper and rosemary, then smear it with a paste of crushed garlic and wholegrain mustard. Then add a layer of roasted and peeled red peppers (capsicums, for the benefit of my fellow Aussies). Roll it back up into a leg of lamb shape (tie it with string to retain the shape) and roast it as per normal, with roasted vegetables. It's amazing how all those flavours infuse the meat!

With the lamb I would pour a 1995 Whitehall Lane Reserve Cab, or 99 Phelps Insignia.

Its only 4PM on the west coast but I am ready to eat!

Bon apetite!

Makena

who will most likely bbq some King Salmon, steam some asparagus, and whip up some celery root.

• riz
    riz

we have some real gourmets in the house! thanks for the input, everybody

• JH
    JH

Poutine

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Pasta with a homemade sauce - slow simmered all day and made with fresh Italian tomatoes, white onions, mushrooms and lots of garlic, with pork/beef meatballs.

The house smells delicious

Dessert - Chocolate Orange bundt cake

• JH
    JH

Lady Lee,

The house smells delicious

I can smell it from here...

I accept invitations you know...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Makena:

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filé gumbo - would go great with a Domaine Serene Pinot Noir, or a Viognier.
    With the lamb I would pour a 1995 Whitehall Lane Reserve Cab, or 99 Phelps Insignia.

You sound like the perfect dinner guest! If you're ever over here in Oz, be sure to come for dinner. Make sure you arrive a little early so we can pop up to the bottle shop first...

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Fettuchinni Florentine w/ homemade alfredo sauce, artichoke hearts, and grilled chicken.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Pork chops baked in the oven with BBQ sauce
    Potatoes (boiled)
    carrots
    cabbage cooked with apples, onions and a little bacon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit