• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Where is this happening? What state?

CZAR

• larrynbabies
  • jst2laws
    jst2laws

Larry,

Stick with your program. You seem to be doing it right. Just stay calm and cool so as not to give the grandparents any cause to say you are not fit as a father. The way you have described it here, they took their best shot already and now you have covered all the bases. Those are your children and you will get them back.

Hope you try the things Lady Lee and others have suggested here just to make sure you have not overlooked a possible angle. I also like the idea of going to the media when you can handle it. A rational expose of this calamity may save a few others from falling into the WT fundamentalism.

Jst2laws

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One other thing that you might want to talk to your lawyer about is the possibility of the children having their own lawyer who works exclusively in their behalf. This might be sensitive and maybe even not worthwhile pursuing but you never know. In Canada children over the age of 14 can go to legal aid and get free representation (since they have no income).

Few people know about this. When I was trying to get custody of my children I was informed that my children could get their own lawyer and ask for a change in the custody. It worked but the oldest was 14. The court might have to approve a lawyer for the children but ask your lawyer about it.

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

my babies are 13mos 19 days old the court has order a guardian ad lietem I guess thats how it's spelled It is my understanding that he is to represent the kids or to intervene on the childrens behalf. I have a history that is somewhat less than desirable it doesnt mean I am a bad person it's just that I havent made the most sound decisions in the past I will admit that I havent had any problems legaly in 8 years and most of my issues center around smoking I have entered myself into a rehabilitation program of my own free will and will do what ever it takes to turn my life around. this is almost funny with the state of mind I am currently in. I am so sad it is killing me I hit these lows that seem impossible to recover from. I have never suffered from depression before.

I now have a VERY good understanding of what depression is at this point. I guess I would compare it to the grand canyon. Everyone has seen pictures of it and have seen it in the movies or on tv but untill you stand at the edge you dont have a clue. I do know this, the worst thing for me is not to have my babies they are all I have left of megan. When megan passed it was like having a huge part of me ripped away. Now with out my babies it's even larger if you can possibly imagine. I am so screwed up of all the postings I have made I just now noticed the freaking menu bar at the top of what I am writing let me take advantage of it and put a face to this. the first picture is of megan and the babies taken a week before she passed she is standing at the foot of our bed letting the babies say good night to daddy

• larrynbabies
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Larry we can't see the picture. It is still on your hard drive. It would need to be uploaded to a website and then copied into here

• larrynbabies
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

larry:

I've been through three custody trials. Not with JW's, but with some nutty possessive relatives on my child's father's side. They obtained emergency custody when I was very ill, and unable to afford a good lawyer. It can be done. Don't feel bad... times like this make us *much* stronger. Because I went through what I did, I became a fierce mamma bear. I never lost custody permanently the first time (healed and hired a dynamic new lawyer), but went through six months of pure and sheer hell before I regained custody. All three times. The subsequent two times, they just filed, but the suits quickly dried up as my ex realized that I had become very proficient in family law because of working for lawyers. It gets awfully nasty in those family law courtrooms.

My hints:

Get lots of sleep, exercise, and eat right. Take a vitamin supplement, you'll need it.

Get treated for the depression

Keep your socializing discreet; drinking etc. to a minimum. If you smoke, give it up.

Collect as much information as you can about family law in Ohio, familiarize yourelf to the point of knowing it backwards and forwards, the Family Code.

Stay strictly to any temporary Court orders.

Get as much information as you can on the JW's: strategy, child-rearing, parenting, preferrably their own publications. Make *sure* your lawyer knows this stuff THOUROUGHLY.

Find relatives that know the grandparents that would be willing to testify to some of the junk that went on in your fiancee's home; supply your lawyer with a witness list of these people, what they will attest to, names, addresses and phone numbers. This should save you lots of money! This way, the lawyer doesn't have to call them up and interview them, etc. They could also possibly help you sniff out other stories, witnesses.

Document EVERYTHING that happens, every day. Keep a running journal of what goes in in your children's lives, who says what, who is who, etc. Write a short summary of what you know, remember, etc. about this family to help your lawyer get a handle very quickly on what's going on.

Spend as much time as POSSIBLE with your children, if you are able. Stop at nothing short of illegal to see them. Make phone calls.

Tape phone calls, if you are able to do so. Some states prohibit taping unless one party knows, some don't. Check out the laws for Ohio and use it to your advantage. Save all emails, documents pertaining to the children, medical histories. Obtain the copy of the CPS report and your clearance.

Request a Guardian Ad Litem for the children. This will be a counselor for the children, or lawyer. He/She will do a personal interview with both sides.

And.. most of all...

My prayers and thoughts are with you.. and Good Luck! Don't hesitate to contact me at my private message box if you would like to chat s'more.

Country Girl

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

(((((((((( larrynbabies )))))))) I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through. I can't imagine having my children ripped away from me, especially after the tragedy you have gone thru. I hope you will be able to be together soon, as a family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit