One simple photo to sum up the heartless and hypocritical attitudes of many Jehovah's Witnesses

by nicolaou 98 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In street photography the general rule is that if people are in public then they can be photographed, but often with exceptions for children, homeless people, and obviously no lewd angles, against which specific laws now apply. But shops, restaurants, libraries, and most places not literally “on the street” don’t count as public places. So JWs at carts are generally fair game for being photographed under general “street photography” conventions, since they are literally standing in public. Laws of course are bound to have all sorts of peculiarities and variations in different places, but these are very general rules of street photography.

I wrote this poem about street photography last week. 😉

Street Photography

I would love to be a street photographer

And capture the moment for posterity

I could play visual jokes

Using juxtaposition

And create something beautiful

By standing in the right place

Probably against the flow

And daring to be conspicuous

If absolutely needs be

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The expressions on the JDubs faces are proof positive that they are "The Happiest People on Earth!"

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Luke 10

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to London, when he was attacked by white collar robbers. They stripped him of his means of living, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead on the sidewalk. 31 A JW happened to be cart witnessing the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side with his damned cart. 32 So too, a circuit overseer, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Catholic, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and cared for his wounds, pouring on antiseptic. Then he put the man on his own car, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two hundred bucks[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

Are Jehovah's Witnesses truly Christian?

Luke 10:30

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.

• flipper
    flipper

Drearyweather stated " So the JW's should have slipped a 5 dollar or 10 dollar bill to the homeless guy. I hope everyone who gave that suggestion does that to each homeless guy you find on the road . "

As a matter of fact- yes - many times I have given $5 or $10 to homeless people I've met at stores, in parking lots, etc. Whether they're women, children or men. Or just a homeless guitarist playing on the sidewalk. And yes, I'm one of " those " who gave a suggestion to do that.

Most JW's are so oblivious to ANY person's needs who are outside their JW organization. The only way they feel they can " help " a so-called " worldly " person is to preach at them and get them to join into the JW cult so these people can be controlled and miserable like themselves. Misery loves company. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Flipper,

If you feel that passing money to the homeless achieves the purpose of helping them, then I am no one to challenge you for that.

You said in your previous comment that the JW's in that photo should have slipped 10 bucks in his pockets.

My point is that none of us know if they have done that or they have been doing that.

Just imagine, you are waiting for someone near a parking lot and you see a tired homeless guy walking towards you. You give him 5 bucks, he thanks you and after some time, he decides to doze off at the corner near you. You get a call and while talking over the phone, you look at the homeless guy you just helped. What if some random person clicks you at that moment?

What does that photo tell about you?

I had learned a valuable lesson from Ray Franz from Crisis of Conscience. He said that while the Governing Body was collectively wrong on many points, he greatly esteemed and regarded Lyman Swingle, the GB member. He said that he strongly believes that Lyman was a very good man and even at this point he thinks highly of him. Lesson: Don't generalize everyone in one frame.

We can generalize the JW's for many of the bad things, but the OP has put in a way to make the JW's in that particular photo look bad. IMO it's wrong.

Bashing someone based on a photograph may be a crazy JW elder's forte. Some of us label the JW's as being judgemental. Ironically, we are doing the same here.

• geevee
    geevee

Reading some of the comments.... seriously, we have all been there and know that in more cases than not, the jw's would not have offered help! Come on!

Maybe they could have given him a watchtower, and then he could have straightened his life up and then become a productive member of the jw society.....

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    nicolaou

I`m sorry nic if you perceive my post that way , may I add ,

that i`m also not religious anymore ,thank you WT and also sites like this that have helped me see the light.

And I pray to GOD that I never get sucked into believing in fairy tales anymore ,Amen.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Without reading every page of this thread....

I agree that it may be unfair to draw conclusions from one snap shot BUT we all know the Witnesses are taught not to give to homeless etc. ' "better in the box".

It's incredibly insensitive to set up a trolley next to the street vagrant . It is asking for comparisons . That said , I know that dubs are kindly people...usually.

Incidentally, 5 publishers and two trolleys on one site? Gross over commitment of resources...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The possibility is there that these JWS were maybe exploiting this unfortunate person to show " See this Is the Old World " but we have something better to offer that will do away with this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit