One simple photo to sum up the heartless and hypocritical attitudes of many Jehovah's Witnesses

by nicolaou 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Afterburn
    Afterburn

For the record, in the year before I left the cult (2004) the only "charitable" works the religion cited to secure its charitable organization status from the United States government was "Education."

They do not offer education as a charitable work, rather, they offer propaganda.

Unless that has changed, they would not be among the charities Kramer referenced. It is a common fallacy for people to assume that JWs are charitable in much the same way as other religions, but JW literature actually scorns other religions for creating "rice Christians" out of the people they are charitable toward.

It isn't easy, at all, to reconcile life as a JW with chapters four and five of Acts, or with any of the many times Jesus urged charity with material goods.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

@ Afterburn.

Your points have already been covered and debunked in my posts to flipper.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Please, explain your statement above. Whose life have you seen ruined over claiming, on a social media site, that they knew what was happening in a scene from a picture?

When I said that lives are ruined, I meant the lives of the ones those who are in such photos, not the ones who click the photo. I thought my para was self-explanatory. I have seen young boys and girls hauled before the committee's on the basis of their Facebook photos. I have seen elders incriminating the ones in the photo on purported theories that they deduced out of the photo.

by my reasoning you have no position from which to judge the opinions or emotions of others.

but then you write a 12 paragraph essay telling why my opinion was wrong.

I will not silently tolerate people seeking to create that same vibe out here, where worldly people live.

Then all the best with that. May Jehovah's blessing be on you.

• Onager
    Onager

At least the guy on the floor is doing something constructive. Getting some shut-eye. The poor bastards by the carts are wasting their lives away in a trap that's harder to get out of than homelessness. If they did ignore him then they, unwittingly, did him the greatest favour they could.

• Afterburn
    Afterburn

@ Giles Gray

Your points have already been covered and debunked in my posts to flipper.

False.

@ Drearyweather

but then you write a 12 paragraph essay telling why my opinion was wrong.

You're being ridiculous. I criticized your condescending judgment of others and your having put false words in my mouth, and I also disagreed with your opinion ... I wasn't telling you why your opinion was wrong, I was telling you why I disagreed with it.

Perhaps you confused the two? Maybe you felt personally attacked by normal civil discourse?

As to photos being published (anywhere in public), if the photo is taken in a public place the persons in the picture have no expectation of privacy.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

This is disgusting. With the kind of revenue watchtower makes they won't even help the people they preach right next to

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

and another....

The JW leaders have turned their sheeple into monsters.

All because TOMO 3rd and the Governing Body (Pee be upon them), want money to get drunk with. Oh, that, and to protect their like minded paedophiles.

Filthy, disgusting pigs.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the question is: who got there first

- oh look theres a man laying on the street lets stand next to him.. so no one will disturb us.

or

- or theres some jws standing there. im gonna sleep next to him that way no one will disturb me.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

evrybody is sleeping... some stanfing up.. some laying on the floor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit