One simple photo to sum up the heartless and hypocritical attitudes of many Jehovah's Witnesses

by nicolaou 98 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Drearyweather. The difference is that Jehovah's Witnesses are, ostensibly, engaged in a charitable activity and supposedly a Christian one at that.

It's by their own standards that this image condemns them.

• tiki
    tiki

It certainly doesn't help their cause...5 people standing guard over some flimsy racks of brochures....with one of society's castaways on the ground by them. They should have found a better place to set up....that is a pathetic scene all around.

• tiki
    tiki

Do they really seriously believe those trollies are an attracting agent to their odd religion?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

I'm in agreement with Drearyweather.

A mere picture doesn't convey what proceeded that shot being taken.

How could that picture convey the fact that the group of Jehovah's Witnesses may have already given that person a hot cup of coffee and a bite to eat half an hour before the picture was taken?

How do we know the homeless person wasn't inebriated?

To translate that picture with a negative connotation against the people manning that stand is a terrible assumption.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If they were smart they should have gave the bum 5 dollars to sleep some Where else

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I remember a trip to NYC with a JW family we were very close with.

On the way to a museum there was a homeless vet on a corner.

I gave the guy $10.

"My friend turned to me and said, why did you do that? He is just going to buy drugs with it. Your just feeding his habit."

It was all I could do to really lay into him. I said something like, he looked hungry.

• LV101
    LV101

Many of the homeless people (California) haven't enough funds to stay in their apartments due to rent increases and housing shortage. They literally move out and into their autos/streets. Many add'l tax increases in recent years (astronomical to alleviate this epidemic alone) but where are the apts. -- where have the funds been appropriated -- it's the highest taxed state in the union. Death rate increase at an all time high in cal - deplorable living conditions with outbreak of typhoid fever and bubonic plague (blue bonnet - love that!) on the horizon - measles but can't blame the filthy streets for the ignorant parents who won't vaccinate. No wonder people are escaping in droves to other southwest states leaving high-paying jobs.

The cult could at least set up a soup station -- an entrepreneurial idea for one of the many snake oil JWs and scheming tentacles. Taxpayers are paying for the removal/disposal of the deceased - we see our tax dollars at work.

• LV101
    LV101

Who knows more than cult WT how much the gov't provides - every JW parrots the line of 'jus let the gov't take care of it nonsense' and state aid piggy bank for their convoluted illnesses to march to their despot leaders - they clearly qualify as mental cases! How much money does WT receive as a charitable organization or whatever they scheme out of taxpayers -- the worldly.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I used to get those guys at work. The times I called I was asked to perform first aid (no training) or was lectured on the cost of ambulance. Not always, though. Some I got to know, everything from geniuses with mental problems to ones who should never been left alone. I surely would have moved the trolley, or given him the 5 bucks

• shadow
    shadow

drearyweather

there are many mentally ill living on the streets and would require governmental level resources to assist but the gov't has cut funding and tossed them on the street. have to cater to the 1% after all! seems like the tone of most on this board would agree with society turning back to people like this.

what if it were a picture of an immigrant seeking asylum??? nope! build a wall! let them starve! we need to keep our wealth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit