Girls Have Cow-Like Sex Drive According To Watchtower

by AlanF 59 Replies latest social humour

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

so is this where they got the expression 'why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?'

Ravyn

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Is this really a Franz article, or one by Knorr. I'm wondering because I remember reading a Bethel reminiscence that said something like: "If it's about doctrine, it was written by Franz; if it's about sex, it was written by Knorr".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    It is high time for girls to understand the make-up of their bodies and its functions, especially with regard to sex. Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her, she will be able to act like a true lady of irreproachable morals at all times.

I don't see any reading between the lines, the above is encouraging girls to masturbate in order to surpress her overwhelming desire for the real thing (which only comes at certain times a month, mind you). No other way to interpret it, is there?

• onacruse
    onacruse
    No other way to interpret it, is there?

Honestly, Six, as I read and re-read that paragraph, the only reason I'd have to even imagine that they're implying masturbation is because of the comments on this thread. Steph's suggestion that Knorr might have written this is well-taken. And I sat through Knorr's new-boy "sex talk," so I can say from personal experience in no uncertain terms that Knorr absolutely did not approve of masturbation, in any way. There were about 40 of us there, male and female, and Knorr went right down the line for both sexes, explicit and comprehensive, about what masturbation was and why none of us should masturbate, period.

Craig

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm curious Ona, what specifically do you think the writer had in mind when they said: "Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large....." ? This "then" follows the statement, "It is high time for girls to understand the make-up of their bodies and its functions, especially with regard to sex.".

If you were reading this for the first time, how would you answer a question asking what those word mean?

Who knows who wrote it? It certainly sounds more Freddy than Knorr to me, but for that matter, it could have been lifted largely from a sex book written in the twenties, w/o careful attention to detail. It could have been someone in writing with their own opinion, couldn't it?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Six:

If you were reading this for the first time, how would you answer a question asking what those word mean?

Hey, I can answer that! because I remember exactly what I thought the first time I did read those words, 40 years ago: I took them to mean that women should be aware of their heightened sexual sensitivity at various times of the month (actually, that was news to me, so I just then learned something), and in particular circumstances. And, that Christian women and men would, as a result of that awareness, take appropriate care to not compromise their Christian principles. Included in that "taking care" would be not to masturbate.

Religious disapproval of masturbation, especially in conservative Christian groups, is such a well-documented historical fact, that quite frankly I just can't see how one can legitimately read "masturbate rather than have sex" into this QfR.

Craig

Edit to add (I'm trying to be a little more thorough in responding to all questions put to me ):

It could have been someone in writing with their own opinion, couldn't it?
    It would have had to be signed off by Knorr and Fred...no way it would have made it to the press-room if either of them thought for 1 second the article supported masturbation.
  • Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'm with Craig on that one; I didn't interpret it as encouraging masturbation. Remember, these are writings about sexuality just after the 1950s, by a conservative religious group. It is a 21st century mind, and one that's certainly been retrained from thinking the Dub way, that can interpret that passage that way.

• SYN
    SYN

It's actually quite odd how much our language has changed since this article was written. When I first read it a couple of years ago (accompanied by falling out of my chair laughing, of course), I also assumed that they meant women should get rid of their sexual urges all by themselves, so to speak, but if you really think about it, Onacruse is probably right on this one. That doesn't mean the article isn't a huge load of bollocks, if not the biggest one ever. This article is the ace in any Apostate's pack of "why I left" cards, that's for sure. No woman I know would appreciate being compared to a cow, at least not without the comparer receiving a hearty slap (or at least being "gouged" by a cow's horns, a uniquely Watchowerish invention)

When a girl reaches the age of puberty or physical maturity, her body has developed in the matter of sex more than in the mind. Young folks like to be together, first in groups, later in twos. If they have not been instructed by their parents in regard to the matter of sex, a boy and a girl are likely to become too familiar and to engage in what is popularly called petting or necking. They may practice this for a time and see no bad results. However, the time will come when there will be great danger in such actions. Why? In answer to this question, we can learn about nature and sex from the bovine family of mammals, both wild and tame.

Yes, the bovine family! Sit down and learn, boys and girls!

Large herds of cattle, both male and female, wander over the plains feeding. Ordinarily the male or bull would not think of approaching the female or cow for sex purposes. If he did approach he would not receive a hearty welcome, but, rather, he might be gored by the cow’s horns.

A cow with horns? Is this bull batting for the other side or something?

There is no petting or sex relations between bull and cow permitted, because the female is not in physical condition to breed. The bull seems to understand this and keeps in his own place. However, when the female of the species is in condition to breed, she makes the matter known. If there is no male in the herd, she will go elsewhere looking for one and she is unsettled until she finds one and then is bred by him. Now she is contented, and the end result is a calf. In this connection it is interesting to note that the male animal has no season at which he is not willing to engage in the breeding act.

Yes, not only are women compared to cows (with horns!), "male animals" (i.e. men) are always willing to "engage in the breeding act"! Wow! I can just imagine it:

"Hey baby, wanna engage in some breeding acts with me?"
    "Shag 'em baby, breeding acts, yeah!"
    "Get over here and breeding act me right now!"
    "Did you guys do the breeding act last night?"
    "Honey, if we don't do the breeding act, how will we ever spawn lots of small Dubbies?"
    "Is it a sin if you do the breeding act with yourself? At least that way you don't risk getting gouged by horny cows, right, Mr. Knorr?"

If we humans would take a lesson from these creatures, we would learn something of importance in matters of sex, as to its purpose and the results of its operation.

Fortunately most humans are aware of the purpose of sex, unlike what Mr. Knorr evidently believes.

As with a cow, when a young girl who has reached her puberty is in physical condition to conceive and become pregnant, her sex emotions are greatly aroused.

"Sex emotions"? WTF?

If she has association with a boy, she is inclined to think that it is the sweetness of the "boy friend" that causes this delightful and new feeling, and so she becomes infatuated with him. If the boy friend should become sexually aroused and lets her know it and then she yields her body to the advances of the amorous boy friend, she is likely to become pregnant as a result of just one sex experience of this kind.

No comment.

Some persons foolishly think that they know when it is "safe" to have sex contact with those of the opposite sex and thus avoid becoming pregnant, but this is a serious mistake on their part. Even learned biologists do not know exactly when there is no danger of conception for a woman. This is due to certain irregularities in the case of various females.

Yes, those horned females (the ones who're so liable to gouge your arse) definitely display irregularities! Or at least according to Brother Knorr!

When the ovum, that is, the egg cell from which the baby starts, is at large or is on its way from the woman’s ovary through her Fallopian tube to the uterus,

"Honey, we can't do it tonight."
    "Why?"
    "Well, because my ovum is at large. Sorry."

there it remains for an uncertain length of time, which varies greatly with different females.

I love the way this guy refers to woman. "Females" indeed. That's pretty insulting.

Then is the time when conception can take place if the ovum is met by a male life sperm.

"Wow, look at that, I just manufactured 4 billion male life sperms in one second! Thanks sweetie! I feel so much better now! Say, you don't have a tissue or something do you?"

During that same time the female is sexually aroused and is ready for the sex act that at this time will cause a baby to result. This bearing of children is the sole privilege of the female. In fact, this is one main reason for creating the female of the human species.

Yeah, apart from cooking and cleaning, right Brother Knorr?

There are cases where a girl became pregnant as a result of one sex interview with a boy.

Sex interview!?

What a price for a girl, a virgin, to pay for a few minutes of satisfied sex emotions!

"Oh baby, I hope I satisfied your sex emotions!"
    "Yeah you did, big guy, 3 times as I recall!"

When persons start in this dangerous and sinful course, they find it hard to overcome future temptations. When a young, unmarried girl falls to the temptation, the price she pays is terrible: shame, sorrow, a ruined reputation, endless troubles, with the danger of being disfellowshiped from a congregation if the girl is a dedicated member.

A "dedicated member", LMFAO!

It is high time for girls to understand the make-up of their bodies and its functions, especially with regard to sex. Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her, she will be able to act like a true lady of irreproachable morals at all times. She will avoid the violating of her virginity and the shame and conscience-stricken state due to this; and wisely she will direct her young life so as to end up in the position of a clean, happy wife and mother of legitimate children, journeying to the new world of righteousness, where there will be no sex problems amid a sex-crazy population.

'Nuff said.

[SYN], Member Of Sex-Crazed Population And Active Causer Of Sex Problems Class.

• neyank
    neyank

So the Governing Body learned about sex from watching animals?

neyank

• hippikon
    hippikon

But seriously folks it does explain a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit