Girls Have Cow-Like Sex Drive According To Watchtower

by AlanF 59 Replies latest social humour

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

It is articles like these that truly make me embarrassed ,,,,,,,,even to myself, that I was ever a JW.
    Good Lord, what was wrong with these people to write this crap? I never knew any of this stuff growing up, about all the old articles,,,,,,,oh and demonized aluminum??

• obiwan
    obiwan

I wonder how the say "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" would apply....Geez I guess mom was right, you do get what you pay for.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ona,

Ok, presuposition and all, I guess I can see reading it that way. Still, it almost seems impossible to write it that way, using those particular words and that phrasing, ya know? A fluke I suppose, but I can't help but think the writer, whoever they were, was giving this all some heavy thought and decided to color outside the lines. I mean, I certainly carried all the guilt possible for a human to carry, lol, for my sin of masturbation, but at times I still wondered if maybe this wasn't indeed a legitimate way to keep from fornicating, a way to "deaden your members" (and I'm not even of the cow class). Especially did I begin wondering that after the WT let me off the hook by assuring me masturbation wasn't an unforgivable sin.

Whew.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel
    Is this really a Franz article, or one by Knorr. I'm wondering because I remember reading a Bethel reminiscence that said something like: "If it's about doctrine, it was written by Franz; if it's about sex, it was written by Knorr".

Stephanus, In this case Franz was the one who gave this embarrassing talk at one of the international assemblies attended by over 100,000 people. People still refer to it as the "Girls are cows in heat" talk. I'll have to look up if it was '58 NY or '63 Rose Bowl. Gamaliel

• Realist
    Realist

it is hard to imagine that they could lower their intellectual level any further....truly painful to read this condensed idiocy.

• dubla
    dubla
    Ona,

Ok, presuposition and all, I guess I can see reading it that way.

i honestly cant see reading it that way....ive read it and re-read it several times, and i cant for the life of me see how anyone can read it that way...? im with six on this one....and the word that really clears it up for me is "understandably".......as in, its understandable (okay, forgivable) that the woman would need to do this. if the writer simply meant that the woman should be aware of her cravings.....why would this edict need to begin with the word "understandably"?

aa

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hmmm .....

it is hard to imagine that they could lower their intellectual level any further....truly painful to read this condensed idiocy.

Oh but they did. In an August 22, 1967 Awake! rag, our Brooklyn heros really took it to the next level!!!!

I scanned these disgusting two pages for all women to see.

You have to copy these to your web browser. Then you may need to add http:// before the rest of the url and then click on them to see them. Feel free to download, copy and paste. I think every women who is thinking of being a JW should read this. It is also current light by the way as other more recent articles only talk about how women contribute to the cause etc...!!!!!

hawkawl.freeservers.com/Page_27.jpg

hawkawl.freeservers.com/Page_28.jpg

• joenobody
    joenobody

Holy crap! That misogynistic garbage is over the top as to be completely laughable. I can't believe they ever had the nerve to print this crappola.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    girl became pregnant as a result of one sex interview with a boy

Sex interview? Good grief. Never heard that one before.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Six:

masturbation wasn't an unforgivable sin.

Yeah, but it's still unequivocally considered a sin, and not condoned as acceptable JW practice.

Gamaliel: I was only 9 when that article was printed, so perhaps my pre-occupation with the newfound capabilities of my own penis distracted me from really paying attention? LOL

Dubla:

the word that really clears it up for me is "understandably"

Well, that would add a strong insinuation, if that's the word they used. Understandingly doesn't carry that innuendo, imo.

But the real issue is the insensitivity of the article, especially insofar as it represents the male-centric (joenobody, your word is better "misogynistic") mentality of the WTS (as well as a lot of other religions and cultures). It reminds me of what RayF chronicled about Fred's talk at a funeral...opening with "Isn't it great to be alive?" Yeah, many of those guys were not what you'd call socially well-adjusted (or, for that matter, mentality balanced).

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit