New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Just been phoned by "worldly" friends - Straight and Gay to tell me they have seen the video and that its going Viral - I am in South Africa - \

We probably have of the most liberal Constitutions and stances on LGBT affairs - Even one of the Constitutional Court Judges is openly Gay -

Our human rights organisations would probably classify this as discriminatory - maybe even hate speech ??

Maybe they need a call in the morning !

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/960/Buitenland/article/detail/2695343/2016/05/04/Ophef-om-video-Getuigen-van-Jehovah-over-homohuwelijk.dhtml

There is a statement from a local Witness representative (via my Google Translate):

Respect and integrity
    Michel van Hilten, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses, still had not heard the criticism of COC. "We are not saying that we think homosexuals to change their orientation. Homosexual feelings can not disable you. But we think they can change to let certain things. We accept people who are gay, but according to biblical precepts hear a man and a woman to be together. " He says not to recognize in the words of the COC that the film's heartless and harmful. "I think the film respectfully and honestly. For this reason we are not going to remove it from the site." Despite the sensitive subject he did not expect so many negative controversy surrounding the publication of the film.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Cofty

Yep. I said that.

There have been plenty of sentiments on this thread that suggest this video is no big deal and the disturbance by it is exaggerated. I disagree wholeheartedly and apparently so does the rest of the internet that is outraged.

Personally I think anyone on here that thinks being outraged at this video is exaggerated should be ashamed. Sorry if that hurts feelings.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

Too bad (is it a conicidence?! Or was this planned?!) that today's daily text is:

Wednesday, May 4

We must enter into the Kingdom of God through many tribulations.—Acts 14:22.

Does it shock you that you can expect to face “many tribulations” before you gain the prize of everlasting life? Likely not. Whether you are new in the truth or you are a longtime servant of Jehovah, you know that hardship is an aspect of life in Satan’s world. (Rev. 12:12) Besides difficulties that are “common to men”—problems that affect all imperfect humans—Christians face an additional type of tribulation. (1 Cor. 10:13) What is it? Intense opposition because of their steadfast obedience to God’s laws. Jesus told his followers: “A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you.” (John 15:20) Who is behind such opposition? Ultimately, it is Satan, whom the Bible describes as “a roaring lion” who is “seeking to devour” God’s people. (1 Pet. 5:8) Satan will use any means he can to try to break the integrity of Jesus’ disciples. w14 9/15 2:1, 2

Now J-dubs will be proud of their 'integrity'. And the tribulation proves them right. 😳

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Personally I think anyone on here that thinks being outraged at this video is exaggerated should be ashamed. Sorry if that hurts feelings.....freemindfade

Don`t Be Sorry..

..................................Image result for Some people cant handle the truth

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

konceptual ~ Many JWs, even now, don't equate homosexuality with other sexual "sins" committed by hetrosexuals. It invokes a greater sense of revulsion and contempt. I have heard some incredible vitriol directed towards gay people over the years and it still happens now. There is still a genuine homophobic response by many, old and young, towards interaction with gay people.

I hate to break it to you, but many non-JW, conservative Americans (think Ted Cruz) would agree with JWs on their attitude about gays/lesbians.

I really think that, at least in the US, this video will create about as much (or little) problems for WTS that the sign-language-masturbation video caused.

Next week it will be a non-issue.

Doc

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not news to me DoC - the ultra conservative views of the Bible Belt are well known. I agree that this video is hardly the worst in terms outright hatred and vitriol. I also agree that this will likely be old news very quickly.

Having said that, the potential for a couple of days of media interest and publicity, even if limited to Western Europe, is not to be sniffed at, not least because once that publicity is out there on the web then it there to be found by anyone researching JW teachings and attitudes.

No longer is it possible for the organisation to keep it's more controversial opinions hidden or critical comment limited to those in the know. Everything that is being posted is a little more material that counters and exposes the WT message for what it really is.

• steve2
    steve2

It has shades of the recent storm in a teacup that hit the Mormon church when that group declared children of gay or lesbian parents could not be fully accepted into the LDS church. That news went viral with protests by gay and lesbian ex- and current Mormons.

"Bad" publicity is not necessarily perceived that way by the religious group, judging by blogs on the topic that dominated social media. It was staggering to see "loyal" Mormons saying "Good riddance" to those who subsequently resigned from LDS.

Unfortunately, JWs are not "alone" in their sanitized bigotry.

• cofty
    cofty
    Personally I think anyone on here that thinks being outraged at this video is exaggerated should be ashamed. Sorry if that hurts feelings. - freeminfade

To call an ex-JW who lost their family because of this fucking cult an "apologist" just because they won't join you in flamboyant displays of outrage is disgraceful.

The forum descends once again into a mob trying to outdo each other with faux indignation.

The cult doesn't believe that practising homosexuals will be allowed into paradise. 100,000,000 American Evangelicals agree. In other news a bear was seen shitting in the woods.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think writing "homosexuality is bad" in a watchtower, and making a cartoon demonstrating how to plant seeds of discrimination in kids is a different animal all together.

The apologist part is saying they are promoting hate, I say they are its just sugar coated.

Don't get too upset Cofty, you know I got love for you . Watchtower should take maximum heat for this one as something above and beyond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit