New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin
    We accept people who are gay, but according to biblical precepts hear a man and a woman to be together. "

THIS is the lie that will do the most harm. It is also the difference between most Fundamentalist, Bible-thumpers, and Jehovah's Witnesses.  (Some great articles in the Dutch press, check Orbi's thread.) If their lord Jehoho, truly sees "into the hearts and minds", then It knows that the person is gay, whether they remain chaste or marry. It makes NO difference.

Going through puberty, being gay, and believing that you will be destroyed at Armaggeddon, is too much to bear. You can't win.

That is the real problem with this video - it is indoctrinating pre-cognitive children into a belief system that leads to depression and often, suicide.

• talesin
    talesin

Here's another quote from the Netherland's article:

.http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/editienl/jehovas-maken-kinderfilm-homos-niet-welkom-het-paradijs

[bold is mine, translation is Google]

What does such a film with a child?

Herald Hofmeijer's teacher and think the film has an impact on children."That's because of the many colors and cartoons: there are children, and that gives an easy entrance in children." Especially children under six,according to him influenced such films. "A packed message to see children not fast they know the difference between fact and fiction is not."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    That is the real problem with this video - it is indoctrinating pre-cognitive children into a belief system that leads to depression and often, suicide.

Talesin

Totally agree

Yes JWS have always been anti homosexuality, yes they indoctrinate their kids, but this is a highly visible ugly demonstration they have signed their name to. The thing that really made my blood boil when i first watched this wasn't shock that JWS are anti-gay, it was the audacity of publishing a children's cartoon about such a thing. It sickened me to see any group (JW or not) showing how to teach your child to take discrimination to school!

As one new article summarized it:

Cute, computer-animated, religious kids shows are nothing new, but One Man, One Woman is something different. In 2006, VeggieTales was largely stripped of its Christian messaging when it was broadcast on network TV. One Man, One Woman, on the other hand, has problematic overtones that come with instructions teaching kids how to proselytize on the playground.
  • cofty
    cofty
    If their lord Jehoho, truly sees "into the hearts and minds", then It knows that the person is gay, whether they remain chaste or marry. It makes NO difference.

But we know that isn't the Watchtower's position.

Why is a thread on a forum full of ex-JWs so full of factual errors about the teachings of the cult?

The Watchtower have given us enough good reasons to have utter contempt for the organisation without making stuff up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The thing that really made my blood boil when i first watched this wasn't shock that JWS are anti-gay, it was the audacity of publishing a children's cartoon about such a thing. It sickened me to see any group (JW or not) showing how to teach your child to take discrimination to school!.....freemindfade

.................................Image result for exactly

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Just to show how Loving the WT is and how reasonable on homosexuality - we have an article in the new Awake:)

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/awake-no4-2016-august/bible-say-about-being-gay/

Here are some loving thoughts from the article

Some would say that the Bible’s position is cruel. But their claim is based on the premise that we must act on our impulses or that sexual impulses in particular are so important that they should not—even cannotbe controlled. However, the Bible dignifies humans by stating that they can resist their urges. Unlike animals, they can choose not to act on their impulses.Colossians 3:5. (So practicing homosexuals are like animals -nice)        

Consider a comparison: Some experts (WHO? - its always some experts) say that certain behavioral traits, such as aggression, may have a biological cause. The Bible does not specifically comment on the biology of aggression, but it does acknowledge that some people are “prone to anger” and “disposed to rage.” (Proverbs 22:24; 29:22) Yet, the Bible also says: “Let go of anger and abandon rage.”—Psalm 37:8; Ephesians 4:31

• talesin
    talesin
    But we know that isn't the Watchtower's position.

That is nonsensical and has no application to what I said. Not interested in engaging with you whatsoever.

• Simon
    Simon
    That is nonsensical and has no application to what I said.

That's really because what you said is incorrect and irrelevant.

Surely the WatchTower's position and whether that is "news" is what this is all about?

You and others may interpret people pointing out that it isn't news to anyone as support for it which is of course completely false. It's simply a fact.

Whether children of fundamentalist religious parents are indoctrinated by videos, reading books or their parents bed-time stories doesn't alter the fact that these are the known and typical beliefs of such groups. Right now the US is battling with groups trying to make it legal to push their discrimination on the wider populace, the battle lines are drawn and they are nowhere near "what do religious parents teach their kids".

It's not a good thing, but I think this isn't going to be a big issue other than to exJWs looking for issues to be outraged about.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Simon and Cofty are right. This isn't news. It's just exjw's looking for something to get worked up about. If it were newsworthy, there would be headlines all over the web and stories written by non-exjw's condemning the video.

oh wait.

• cofty
    cofty

Jehal - I never at any time said it wasn't news. It is no surprise that the video is causing a stir in the media.

Earlier in the thread I said it was "a PR disaster". How about trying not to misrepresent me?

That is nonsensical and has no application to what I said. Not interested in engaging with you whatsoever. - Talesin

You quoted a media source that misrepresented the cult's position about homosexuality. I happen to think that facts matter. When we tell lies about our enemy we weaken our position.

This thread is full of lies and exaggerations.

Your mini-rant translates as "I refuse to allow facts to get in the way of my hate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit