New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

For what it's worth ... Isn't Anthony Morris III and Geoffrey Jackson, both of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, planning on getting married to the same man?

CHILD: Mommy is it true that Brother Morris is going to marry a man when he dies?

JW MOTHER:  : ( 

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    @JWleaks: awesome! Lol!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I got a reply from a UK newspaper that said 'thanks....but most people already know that JWs believe this so isn't really anything new.'

Fair enuff.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

For your information, Ms. Elena Valenciano, Chairman of Human Rights Commission in European Parliament has been informed about this video:

https://twitter.com/ElenaValenciano/status/728122799336775686

She is taking care to bring and claim about this situation within European Parliament. Homophobic messages are not very much welcomed, but less indeed if their target is to endoctrinate kids.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I let the Sothern Poverty Law Center and ReligiousTolerance.org about it.

They both replied that it was troubling and would look into it.

• cofty
    cofty
    I got a reply from a UK newspaper that said 'thanks....but most people already know that JWs believe this so isn't really anything new.' - Punkofnice

Indeed.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The thing that bothers me the most is the mother of the JW girl would encourage a secret Bible study with the little girl with two mommies to learn the ways of God. Then the little girl can get baptized and have the duty to shun her two mommies who have fed her, clothed her, took care of her when she was sick and love her. The shunning I am sure who would motivate the two mommies to study to be slaves of the Watchtower. (there are experiences where the witlesses encourage bible studies with children without their parents knowledge.)

The Witchtower Bable and Trick Society has broken up so many families that if there were a paradise earth, God would not want them there.

• cofty
    cofty
    Then the little girl can get baptized and have the duty to shun her two mommies - Sour Grapes

Why would a JW have a duty to shun their non-JW parents?

While we are busy being outraged can we at least try to maintain a grip on reality?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I am actually taken back at all this outrage. A lot of people here expressing this outrage had been going to the kingdom hall for years and heard all this vitriol from JWs in and out of the kingdom hall but apparently didn’t have a problem with homophobia until something happened to them personally, more than likely that didn’t have anything to do with homosexuality, but now that they are out of the kingdom hall and no longer a JW they express this outrage at an anti-gay message they send out. Surprise everyone! Despite a few legal victories the LGBT may have won through the courts, gays are still treated and viewed like “backdoor n***rs” of the 50s in many places and that kind of treatment is endorsed in the guise of religious liberty.

• Simon
    Simon

The problem some people seem to have is that they think things like this are "the smoking gun" that will land the WTS in trouble and cause the world to take notice.

Newsflash: the world already knows that fundamentalist christian groups don't like homosexuality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit