Do You Believe Polls Saying Trump Will Lose To Biden?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Trump is in a huge mess. 70000 + cases every day. And this is not to more testing. It-'s because a massive number of people have the virus and are sick.

All Trump can do is criticize Fauci who even predicted this and give wrong information (99% of the cases are harmless).

So i guess most who have the IQ of a bread, would be better a president than him.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

So i guess most who have the IQ of a bread, would be better a president than him.

@Daniel1555 ....

What type of bread? I doubt plain white bread, but not up to the standards of whole wheat or sourdough. Definitely a nice baguette would work.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Daniel1555: As I’ve requested in prior posts, can you please post evidence for your factoids. Where are the 70,000 dead every day? Or even in hospitals if they’re just sick? You posted a single CNN post which was quickly fact checked as misleading at best.

Cases go up if you test, but we’re talking about sick on a ventilator or dead for it to be impactful. Just because you got the sniffles, doesn’t mean you’re going to die and without a vaccine, we expect people to get sick and build immunity.

Also, explain why suddenly we shot up, 4-6 weeks after the country re-opened and just 1-2 weeks after the protests started. Is it the protestors getting sick or the general population? If it’s the protestors (young people) we expect them to rise but the death rate to flatten or dip. If it’s the general population, we would see a surge in deaths amongst the elderly.

• millie210
    millie210

Why is it so hard to see that what is happening with the virus would be happening no matter who was president?

Its a virus.

It's running its course.

We are getting to herd immunity.

We are doing what all the other countries have done with some individual variations and they have different governmental systems than us.

It's an apolitical virus.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Why is it so hard to see that what is happening with the virus would be happening no matter who was president? ......It's an apolitical virus.

@millie210 ...

Yes. I totally agree.

But when you want to be a bastard, call people names, be a narcissist and base all of your presidency on the economy, and then it collapses, well, then you have to live with the results, no matter how it happened.

You know the "live by the sword, die by the sword" quote in the Bible.

You can ride the wave and keep calling people you don't like "sons-of-bitches." But when a person gets laid off and the 401k/retirement account drops just see what happens.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

First of all i wrote of 70000 cases each day.... not deaths....

Second.... many countries in europe, australia, asia, succeeded to get out of this first wave... and are preparing to face a second wave.

It's sad to see that the US is still in that first wave and getting worse... and i believe that is thanks to a huge failure of the government, namely the president.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

The polls you are seeing invariably poll the general populace or registered voters instead of likely voters which leads to inaccuracy, they also relentlessly over poll Democrats by about 17%, as well as over polling women who have a tendency to vote Democrat. They are not remotely reliable. These are the same sources that said Hillary had a 92% chance of winning.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The polls you are seeing invariably poll the general populace or registered voters instead of likely voters which leads to inaccuracy

Jazzbo ...

Yes, they tend to poll more democrats in general. Democrats are more likely to say they are supporters of Biden than Republicans who say they support Trump.

They keep reporting that there are "hidden" Trump supporters that do not respond to polls.

But I can totally understand that. It is like getting a phone call from a pollster and telling them you are proud of having syphilis. And then you are asked if you "somewhat" support getting syphilis again or "definitely" support it.

• sir82
    sir82

The first bad news for team Trump this week:

https://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/

Overall, 36% of Americans say that they approve of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president, 60% disapprove, and 4% are undecided.

That's a net -24 (36 - 60). Three months ago it was -14 (41 - 55).

The numbers continue to get worse and worse for him every passing week.

Wonder how today's campaign rally, oops, Coronavirus briefing, will go.

• sir82
    sir82

And some more bad news for team Trump at the end of the week, from former favorite Fox:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-tops-trump-in-battlegrounds-michigan-minnesota-pennsylvania

3 key battleground states:

Biden maintains his lead in Michigan, topping Trump by 9 points, 49-40 percent.

(Minnesota) That puts Biden up by 13 points in the presidential race, 51 percent to Trump’s 38 percent.

(Pennsylvania) Biden is ahead of Trump by 50-39 percent in the Keystone State.

Week after week after week after week after week, the news is unrelentingly horrific for the Trump campaign. "Secret Trump voters" (if such exist) are not enough to overcome such gaping deficits.

For the folks who complain about "biased polling", is even Fox News misrepresenting the results by not selecting a truly random sample?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit