the watchtower is starting to crumble

by pepperheart 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jp1692
    jp1692

Morpheus,

When I became a JW in the '80s Herbert W. Armstrong was publishing "The Plain Truth."

His mags were so similar to the WT and Awake! that both groups thought they were plagiarizing each other.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Morph: " You will still vasilate and"

methinks you mean vacillate?

throwing stones ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

problem is--if the watchtower does come crashing down soon ( god i hope so )---what will we all do then ?

• LV101
    LV101

Punk - that's hilarious/lolololololol! I've never heard that before - good one!

Thanks for the explanation.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It will restructure and rebrand with the times. Older ones will die, young and enlightened ones will leave, but people who really want a pet tiger will stay, but It's not going anywhere. Maybe 50 years from now it will be reduced to a tiny little corporation.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I've been to a Grace Communion International meeting, and many meetings of Mormons, SDAs, Christadelphians, Unitarians, and others. I've not just read about it, I've experienced it. I've talked to dozens of members, been invited to homes, had meals, argued, agreed, had barbecues, gone to movies, car journeys, sung songs, presented myself, learned many things beyond the religious too. I know quite a lot about all these groups now, both from extensive reading and experience. I should make a thread outlining exactly where I think each of these groups is doing things right, and how astonishingly badly Watchtower is doing in almost every conceivable area of (in)competence. The comparisons illuminate the unassailable case for imminent collapse.

• LV101
    LV101

Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God cray cray was read by many - I knew couple of readers who were snatched up by witnesses while reading "The Plain Truth" - they became convinced JWs were the real truth.

I think the WWCG came out and apologized for their false prophesies -- Watchtower will never be honest and ethical to admit their game.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They'll never run out of content completely I don't think, they'll just hire some worldy content creators for the website and just say they're JW.

Besides, if they're good at anything it's recycling crapola. They've basically been adapting the same crap every decade for years now.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Recently saw pictures of JW's I haven't seen in years, pictures from a marriage anniversary and believe me there wasn't a happy smile among those old members. They all look like they were constipated, you can tell they are tired of the BS....Yes when the 60's and older group pass, that it's for JW.org
  • lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

What makes me think that the Watchtower is crumbling is the content of the letter that was read from the platform this week. (More to come on this)

It involves ongoing legal redefining of certain chosen congregations on Ontario so that these congregations can harbor large sums of money and use the money to “invest for a return” (read “profit”)

It points to Watchtower‘s ongoing efforts to hide their money from the courts, with regard to the class action lawsuit against the tower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit