the watchtower is starting to crumble

by pepperheart 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LV101
    LV101

I hope they choke and die fast but don't expect it happening. I do hope "they've fallen and they can't get up" -- better than nothing. I appreciate reading about the miseries they might be experiencing. We might as well enjoy the show and hope the drama increases.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If only wishes and dreams made it so.

• LV101
    LV101
    Ahh, it's not fun to face reality that they've got assets to keep afloat and many more suckers to pay their way. So much for wishes and dreams.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

ITs not wishes and dreams though

IN 2012 the watchtower closed 20 branches around the world

in 2015 sam hurd told us that thousands of people from bethels around the world were going to be kicked out

also that the number of watchtowers and awakes would be cut in half also they would be undated so that they could be used for many months rather then just one.

Next year the nuber of magazines will be cut in half again

And of course they have moved out of new york and been able to sell prime real estate

And they are due to be doing the same in london as well.

WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE THAT THEY HAVE GOT LOTS OF ASSETS

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You know pepper, this topic has been done a dozen times in the last few months by slim and others. We’ve gone round and round and nobody wants to budge from their position, be it imminent collapse or everything is fine. Im laying in bed next to a beautiful sleeping woman and it has dawned on me: i just cant give a damn anymore tonight.

Merry christmas to all and to all a goodnight

• LV101
    LV101

WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ASSETS

I have no proof of anything re/Watchtower, JW or jw.org or whatever they're called today. I've been reading posts re/their demise since the H20 site and it seems they're having issues but stay in business -- and that's the bummer.

• LV101
    LV101

Too bad they're a secret organization/cult and we're left following every clue possible.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The "Plain Truth" magazine was a quality professional magazine that was free to anybody who wanted it decades before JW`s offered their 2nd rate low quality excuse for a magazine for free to escape paying a tax.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The plain truth was printed by the worldwide church of god (a laugh because it was 95 % based in the us)

the the leaders became christian and lots of the rank and file didnt like it and there were loads of splinter groups and ive had magazines and 900 page books from four of the groups and because they dont have as many drones as the jws do they have to send things through the post and then i trash them all

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's interesting. I've only managed to locate and visit Grace Communion International congregations. I can't find any active WWCG splinter groups locally. I was told by a Grace Communion International member that there were a few adherents of a splinter group called "United Church of God" in Scotland but they didn't last long and have no active congregations in Scotland. Maybe one in Newcastle, I was told.

This is something I have found: just because a group has a presence on the Internet, doesn't necessarily mean they have a functioning church in the real world. I think some of the WWCG splinter groups faded away pretty quickly and exist in name only. (On that, I suspect that the "Lord's Witnesses" may be as real as Gordon Ritchie's chronology. Has anyone ever been to any of their meetings to verify they exist?)

The church headed by Jospeh Tkach (pronounced t-catch) is by far the biggest, although it has shrunk a lot. By the way I heard from an insider that Tkach is retiring next year. I wonder how that will work and if it will survive without him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit