Outcome - Banned in Russia - Final

by OrphanCrow 184 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sparrowdown: Very interested to see what effect this will have....

No Hospital Liaison Committees in Russia.

No unqualified JWs pressuring Russian medical doctors to treat JWs using WT approved alternative treatments.

No religious blood transfusion refusal.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jehovah didn't cause the ban but he's allowing it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

OC - like ×3.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

All the jws know about this, so they won't be able to avoid discussion of it

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sparrowdown: OC - like ×3.

Me too. I would shout this from the rooftops if I could....and dance a happy dance for the next...forever and a day.

When the blood transfusion issue was addressed in the court, the JW lawyer tried to submit reams of documents to the court but they were rejected. I assume the lawyers were attempting to present all that material, that they so arduously collect and promote, from their "approved" medical professionals, extolling the virtues of "bloodless" medicine.

The Russian court rejected that so-called evidence. I don't blame them for not accepting it - it would be like someone who murdered their friend but then submitted a whole pile of photos, of them smiling and having fun together, as evidence of their innocence. While ignoring the blood that was found on their hands and clothing after they had killed their friend.

JWs have already died in Russia because of the blood ban. No amount of documents from medical professionals will change that. It already happened and there is no defense for it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

OC - I'm sure amongst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that the sky has now officially fallen there are witnesses and ex witnesses in Russia dancing also.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'll bet there is secret rejoicing, maybe even among the GB.

Just how long can anyone defend an untenable position?

Sylvia

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its important to focus on why and for what reason did the Russian government ban the JWS religion and its operations.

Points worth considering ...

The government perceived the JWS as extremists for many reasons, one being that this religion is all around anti government, they teach that all governments are evil and instructs its members to not have any involvement with secular governments at any level.

From there all the contravening situations of abuse toward human rights, such as punishing its members for receiving proper medical care as in needed blood transfusions.

The constant propagation by the WTS that all other religious institutions are false practices of worship ( Russian Orthodox Church,) might have created some deciding relevance.

The public DFeding of people who eventually make the personal choice to leave the JWS , which can and does many times cause the break up of families and other intervening social disturbances.

• TD
    TD

Well said, OC:

JWs have already died in Russia because of the blood ban. No amount of documents from medical professionals will change that. It already happened and there is no defense for it.

• jesscd
    jesscd

No matter what I feel about my childhood, no matter what I feel about the JW religion. We all have the right to choose at some point. Yes it isn't pretty. If you are a born in like I was you stand losing everyone and everything you have ever known.

However, as others have pointed out, the banning of a religion...the suppression of beliefs and the freedom to worship is just not right. What if only the Catholic religion, Russian Orthodox, born again Christians, or Atheists were deemed the only way to believe - the only thought process one could legally have?

Does the JW cause damage? - no doubt! Does it damage families and indoctrinate the vulnerable? Again, no doubt. But most belief systems in some aspect have these characteristics. If you ask any devout believer of any religion they will say theirs is the only true religion. This also is their right.

As many here I have suffered irreparable damage from my 32 years as a JW - being homeschooled from a very early age and as such a lack of education, socialization, and just normal childhood experiences. Being fraught with guilt and shame over illnesses and insecurities. Sacrificing my early adult years to pioneering instead of advancing a career or pursuing education. Losing every friend and family member I had ever known when I chose to leave at 32 and basically being like a foreigner planted in a foreign land with nothing. And that is just the damage fit to post in a public forum.

But despite all, I cannot justify the banning of a religion or belief system. It does nothing but fortify those still in and it creates a scary precedent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit