Outcome - Banned in Russia - Final

by OrphanCrow 184 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I get sick thinking of how this has absolutely no impact on the 7 GB members located in their own paradise city in NY state.

All these people suffering and those man will need to wonder which other location they could fly to in first class next.

Sickening.

• kpop
    kpop

I've been praying to Joke-hova that he please give Putin the strength to ban the cult. Woohoo! Joke-hova is real!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if the ARC investigation in Australia had any relevance to this decision ?

The Watchtower Corporation is sure getting its face slapped as of late but that's a good thing making people aware of the dangers of this cult can only be a positive virtue toward humanity.
  • kpop
    kpop

Dear Watchtower & Bible Cult Society:

The United Postman's Association would like to thank you for funding their retirement funds. The USPS had a shortfall of $1 Billion last year but thanks to your mindless sheep who thought this was for Joke-hova, the USPS now is running a surplus. Please keep up the great work.

From the bottom of our work boots,

Thank you.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Will 2017 be an important year?

When 1919 Rutherford and other Watchtower directors were released from jail, bible prophesies fulfilled!

"Comparably, after a Babylonish captivity, the anointed remnant was delivered in 1919, and under the guidance of God's spirit, the once desolate "soil" of spiritual Israel has been cleansed." Watchtower 1988 Sep 15 p.15

"After their trialsome period of 1917-1919, Jehovah’s people subjected themselves to scrutiny. Realizing that they had acted in ways that did not meet with God’s approval, they sought forgiveness in prayer repenting of their former course. This led to Jehovah’s forgiveness and blessing. One compromise had been the cutting of pages from The Finished Mystery, this to please those who had assumed the position of censor. Another occurred when The Watch Tower of June 1, 1918, stated: "In accordance with the resolution of Congress of April 2nd, and with the proclamation of the President of the United States of May 11, it is suggested that the Lord’s people everywhere make May 30th a day of prayer and supplication." Subsequent comments lauded the United States and did not harmonize with the Christian position of neutrality." Yearbook 1975 p.119

Will the governing body now seek forgiveness and change literature as well as accept government censure?

Jehovah’s people should again subject themselves to scrutiny....once more in 2017 not only to fulfill prophesies but to think about the human rights

The Finished Mystery quote above was page 251 of the 1917 edition. Rather than stand fast to its beliefs and principles, Watchtower meekly followed the United States governmental ordered to remove pages 247 to 254 from The Finished Mystery.

In the 1918 edition, the section covering the sub-heading “Out of the mouth of the dragon” was reduced from 5 pages to 1 paragraph. Click here for a PDF scan of the pages from the 1917 edition that were removed from the 1918 edition.

Watchtower was not imprisoned for preaching truth about God’s Kingdom; it was for taking side in politics. Their release was equally a violation of their principles, a result of complying with the government order to change what they had printed. Neither action showed them to be spiritually cleansed.

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/1919-derived.php

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jehovah would have been proud at the efforts of his people with all the letters written and sent etc. . If only he had been alive to see this event unfortunately he was dead when archaeologists found him in Ugarit. Apparently he died sometime before 1929 when the city was discovered buried, covered over in dirt. Experts think he had been dead for more then three days and threes nights, they believe the more accurate timing of his death was well over 1000 years ago but thier not sure of the specific date do to the fact his statue was not made of wood but of metal which could not be accurately dated.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Sad to hear that the Russian court gave the tower more ammunition to abuse their followers with. Mark Sanderson can now leave his posh accommodations in Russia and go back to Warwick as a hero because he took one for the team.

In line with what wonderofyou just said, maybe he can suggest they re-write the Russian version of the Bible Teach book, to eliminate the clearly extremist language in it. They could take out the blood chapter and eliminate references to JW being the only true religion and only means to salvation.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I think that freedom to practice religion (or not) is a fundamental human right that governments shouldn't take away. As much as I want the WTS to disappear, this isn't the way. This will have impact not just on JWs but on every other religion that Russia decides they don't like.

Incidentally, I absolutely hate the fact that in many countries religions get preference treatment via being exempt from tax. Freedom to meet is fine and good, I just don't want to support religions via my tax dollars.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Now, begins the WT encouragement of underground activity - Russian JWs had better be careful. Putin and his henchmen are ruthless bastards.

Russian JW publishers could well end up underground (about 6 feet) but with no activity.

• waton
    waton

bad timing, russia did the ban on the day another banner was born, the one with the swastika banner.

a posthumous birthday present to Stalin's great foe?

outcome? history repeats itself. you will be judged the way you are judging. wt had it coming to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit