Outcome - Banned in Russia - Final

by OrphanCrow 184 Replies latest jw friends

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

This is excellent news!! Those who disagree with what Russia did, I don't think they followed the story at all.

Russia did not ban the religion merely for being JW's. Russia identified extremist practices (human rights violations), and since they didn't change and fix the issue, THEN they were banned.

Do you all actually think that a religion that FORCES you to shun family, to commit suicide w/ no blood transfusions or kill your children if needed, to not get higher education or plan for retirement and not help when you finally need help for obeying, do you think that is actually freedom of religion and those people making those choices on their own vs being blackmailed and coerced with God killing them for not obeying that or disfellowshipping, etc. That is not freedom of religion, but abuse by religious authorities and if the religion doesn't change those harmful practices, they deserve to be banned. This will force the religion to reform and allow those freedoms if it wants to exisit. If the WT borg taught all free to do what their conscience wants, and agree to disagree, and if family leaves, they are still family even if have different religious views, and that saving a life is most important (even Jesus when healing a man on sabbath showed that doing good/life/love overwrites the law, hence blood transfusion especially when didn't exisit 2,000 years ago, is priority and not the same as eating blood for enjoyment).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well said Bad_Wolf

You pointed out well why the JWS abuses and violates human rights and we've been talking about that just recently on the forum.

• honest
    honest

I'm glad, now maybe the world will take a close look at this cult. I don't care about a organisations human rights when they clearly don't care about ours . Bitter sweet watchtower. Bitter sweet... Sorry guys but I hate this "religion" and I feel a little vindictive at the moment. I don't feel sorry for it too.. ( due to my recent circumstances). Nor do I care that some may feel I shouldnt feel this way, I don't let anyone dictate my feelings anymore.

I'm doing a happy dance.

Bad wolf is correct. Russia told watchtower to comply with the law. Watchtower defied the law. There are other religions not being targeted, if you notice it is those who really qualify as cults.

For the life of me I don't know watchtower keeps this shunning policy. Australia is now looking at them closely due to their shunning policies and pedophilia policies.

• notalone
    notalone

There is a God, and he has put those who acted as vicious shepherds, tearing at the flock and false prophets have come to account. I do not rejoice for those who are scared and confused. I truly hope that these who can not be drip fed the the mind control kool-aid will start to wake up and escape without the fear of that knock at the door or the summons to a judicial hearing. I pray that those who leave will find strength to realize that this org does not have the right to judge them. I pray they can leave with their dignity. I pray that children will live when they need medical treatment. I pray that when older ones die their hard earned inheritances do not go to a money grubbing corporation. I pray that those who are weak or confused will not get that knock on the door that brings them further down. I pray that the children, the oh so many children hurt , abused and silenced will find a voice that will be heard. Today, I pray many things and as I was often told- wait on jehovah. I did and He acted.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This bit of news is getting around pretty fast, it made to the CBC here in Canada, so some more blight to hit the WTS in the ass. The more the better .

Russia bans Jehovah's Witnesses group as religious extremists

Supreme Court orders group's Russia headquarters and local chapters closed, seizure of its property

The Associated Press Posted: Apr 20, 2017 12:55 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 20, 2017 2:50 PM ET

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

JW's divide, now they're conquered by Russia.

• roberto avon
    roberto avon

I love this forum, I can say that I fully agree with the Russian ban on Jws and I will not look for professional help.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's a political process.

Not good for the freedom of living in Russia.

Way overdone.

G.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Very interested to see what effect this will have. Will the GB encourage the jws there to obey the law and be wise as serpents or will the GB see a golden opportunity to exploit the situation re experience "gold" for WT?

Of course they will - it's the WT after all. When life hands you a ban you make mileage!

Will the young JWs in Russia who were stuck in their parent's american religion now have a chance to wake up? The old diehards may or may not wake up but if formal indoctrination sessions are not allowed then the youth may at least have a fighting chance.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Random thoughts on this:

Extremist Group: As X-JW's we are somewhat accustomed to the idea of shunning, not taking blood and speaking against the worldly governments. As distasteful as those things have become to us, we still may not see JW's as an "extremist group" However I can only imagine how bizarre these practices must seem to outsiders and on some level, I can understand why the Russian Government upheld it's decision.

Letter Writing: Does this verdict mean that Jehovah wasn't able to thwart the Russian government or didn't pay any attention to the millions of prayers and letters beseeching him for help?

JW spin: I'm guessing the spin on this will be one of "This aint' over till it's over...Jehovah has a plan and will enact it in due time." Many will see the ruling as part of the fulfillment of Bible prophesy about governments turning on religions. The Witnesses would have been giddy with delight if the ruling had been reversed but now they can feel martyred and excited about the end being all the more at hand. Either way, they'll spin this as a reason to rejoice. To me, the lack of impact the letters and prayers had on this issue, only demonstrates that the Governing Body isn't being directed by "Jehovah" or anyone else. If Jehovah has another plan, or if this is part of Bible prophecy, then why did the GB direct 8 million people to pray and write letters in the first place?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit