Outcome - Banned in Russia - Final

by OrphanCrow 184 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Damn-it...if only I had sent in my letter of protest!

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's called retribution.

Now, begins the WT encouragement of underground activity.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

prosecutors have long cast it as an organization that destroys families, fosters hatred and threatens lives,

Image result for the word true

• cobweb
    cobweb

So the Russian Headquarters are shut down and liquidated. But what about the individual kingdom halls? These were set up as separate legal entities. Do they get seized, liquidated and money taken?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

It is good. Some may think that this is against someone's freedom to believe as they wish or see it as a step backwards for Russia. However this isn't about the individual. This is about the organization known as the Jehovah's witnesses and this organization is guilty of destroying families and encouraging ignorance that causes people to die. I would like to see the WBTS banned everywhere for the sake of innocent children and adults who know no better.

• cobweb
    cobweb
    I would like to see the WBTS banned everywhere for the sake of innocent children and adults who know no better.

Personally I would rather my elderly parents stayed out of jail.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good, a blessing for the Russian population.

It seems the Russian court took in consideration of what kind of personal damage this cult produces and inflects onto the naive, gullible and ignorant.

I dont agree though that the Russian government should be able to seize the assets of the WTS.

• TheWonderofYou
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Now they know how it feels to be disfellowshipped.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes, Outlaw, it is true.

Of note is that the Russian JW lawyer tried his damndest to have the documents for the Tanarog LRO not included in this court action. That was a court case back in 2009 when Tanarog was declared 'extremist' and shut down.

This is part of what the Tanarog ruling dealt with:

The Regional Court drew the following conclusion from the testimony before it:
    “The testimony ... objectively confirms the arguments in the application regarding minor children being lured into the organisation’s activity, including into the preaching activity, as small or minor children are being obliged, together with their parents, regardless of weather or time of year, to go on the streets and to apartments with the goal of distributing literature, and to be present for long periods of time at discussions at meetings ...
    The circumstances established during the trial testify to the violation by the religious organisation and its members of the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Russian Constitution, and the Russian Family Code, as they involve very young children in the religious organisation without the consent of the other parent, who has equal rights and duties in the upbringing of the children, and do not consider the opinion and interests of the children.
    The actions of the members of the Taganrog LRO constitute a direct violation of the provisions of Article 31 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which establishes that the States Parties recognise the right of the child to rest and leisure, to engage in play and recreational activities appropriate to the age of the child, and to participate freely in cultural life and the arts.
    The testimony of the witnesses who are members of the organisation, to the effect that they visit the park with their children, take trips to the zoo, and spend time with their children in nature, does not attest to the parents’ ensuring conditions for the full and comprehensive development of the children, since all these activities only take place with the participation of other members of the organisation. Not one of the witnesses demonstrated that their children actively participate in sports or in any type of sports leagues, are receiving a musical education, or are interested in and attending hobby groups of any kind, all of which are necessary for a comprehensive development of personality, abilities, and interests.”

So, the Russian courts had already determined that the JW religion violates the rights of the child. The Tanalog hearing also addressed the harmful effects of shunning on families and individuals and concluded that:

Finally, the Regional Court considered it established that the Taganrog LRO “had encroached on the personality, rights and freedoms of citizens”. That charge had two facets: on the one hand, the Taganrog LRO “determined how the believers’ free time [was to be] spent and forbade them to celebrate holidays and birthdays”, and on the other hand, the members of the LRO preached at homes without an invitation, “without giving heed to the opinion of persons whom they visited and with whose private life they interfered”.

As much as the JWs believe that their "rights" have been trampled on, the Russian courts had already established that the JW religion does not respect the rights of children or the rights of others.

*sorry - I keep losing my post - the editing is a bit strange...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit