Outcome - Banned in Russia - Final

by OrphanCrow 184 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey finkel..

Drawing a line in the sand to protect innocents is what a moral secular society does. (jw blood issue here in the USA) Banning ideas is what a overreaching totalitarian government does. If you were a jw or are a jw then you know how dangerous thought police are.

All revolutions, be they religious or governmental come from within, not from big brother dictating what its people should believe or should not believe.

Being accepting of a government banning ideas because your mom and dad wont talk to you is not a reason to support a totalitarian power grab.

pbrow

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Been taking a break. Was not keeping up with the latest of the org. and the Russian ban....inside I was hoping that more of what happens in the org. would be exposed more than just banning their literature and calling them extremist. Religion itself is an extreme way of living, being and living....for some it really means putting God first.

I said in another topic that the org. has enough money to relocate these families in Russia if they want to...The friends would give their eye tooth, not their home....to help...Now get this...the org. says it has approx. 8 million friends...we meet twice a week, if we all give $2 per week the org. would collect approx. give or take $16 million a week, just think just $2 per week. That could be announced from the stage, friends...just $2 per week and we can help our Russian friends leave Russia, well the ones that want to leave...there may be some that have been waiting for this ban, just so they can leave the org...and what better way then to say, well, can't go out in FS, we are banned....(Shrug)

Hasn't anyone ever thought that Jehovah may not want the witnesses in Russia, just like he told the disciples to avoid Asia and Samaria, because he had other plans of how the Good News would be spread....especially in Samaria, the Good News was brought by Jesus to a woman and that's how the Good News came to Samaria, by a woman that had been married before and was not living with a man that was not her husband, yet Jesus used her...so if the good news IS to be spread in Russia, maybe it's not by the org....remember they FDS gets the brighter lights from God and maybe God didn't tell them to go to Russia, but they went anyway...Russia is another world power, just like the USA...except we make love not War, but don't sleep on America, we will rise if we have to because of the freedoms we have....the only place I know you can talk about our Gov't and not be tossed in jail or we can get mad and walk if off in a protest....

Those witnesses who want to stay to be hero's we can only put them in prayer, they have the free will to stay or go...it's not like their are millions of them...matter of fact, put them up in Warwick...state of the art Hotel...what GB would bunk with a Russian family ?

Tor

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey orphan,

I am not in favor of any government BANNING any religion or faction of religion. The only way of truly getting rid of bad ideas(religions) is to keep them out in the open where they can dispelled.

There will never be a utopia of any set of ideas be they religious or secular. The price of allowing individual freedom is DIRT CHEAP compared to the price of giving your government the power to tell you what you can and cant believe and what church you can or cannot belong to.

If you want to combat the jw ideology you will have to get in line behind me but allowing the government to do it for you is not the answer of a freedom loving people.

pbrow

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being accepting of a government banning ideas because your mom and dad wont talk to you is not a reason to support a totalitarian power grab.

Your quite off, my parents do talk to me and yes I was brought up in this religious cult from birth.

My point and position is taken from accepted knowledge that this cult kills people and destroys lives, therefore making it dangerous and destructive.

One could also say that this cult was built up upon lies, deception and ignorance by opportunistic power and money seeking men but that's going a bit off topic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I am not in favor of any government BANNING any religion or faction of religion

Really, so lets one day your with your family on a pleasurable day outing and a local Muslim decided they needed to show their devotion and praise to their god Allah, so they ignited a bomb right where you and your family were, killing themselves and your entire family but you managed to survive the ordeal and live on.

After would you still hold to that position that any or all religions should never be banned ?

Be honest in your answer.

• TD
    TD

I am not in favor of any government BANNING any religion or faction of religion.

What if the religion practices polygamy? What if the religion does not recognize the age of consent? What if the religion teaches that girls can marry at the age of twelve? What if the religion refuses to stop those practices, claiming that they fall squarely under the umbrella of freedom of worship?

Religious freedom is a good thing, but for the love of Pete! Why should any liberty be absolute?

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Really, so lets one day your with your family on a pleasurable day outing and a local Muslim decided they needed to show their devotion and praise to their god Allah, so they ignited a bomb right where you and your family were, killing themselves and your entire family but you managed to survive the ordeal and live on.

After would you still hold to that position that any or all religions should never be banned ?

Be honest in your answer.

As an atheist whose best friend of over 20 years is a Muslim...maaaaaaaybe you're being, a wee bit, um, SUPER IGNORANT AND BIGOTED?

For the record, I have zero love lost for the JWs, and think their feet should be held to the fire over their child molestation procedures, etc. By all means, hold them legally accountable, and pass better legislation mandating them to report child abuse allegations, or disallowing parents from denying their children necessary medical care.

But what Russia has done is wrong, counterproductive, totalitarian, and very fucking scary. It's pretty disturbing to see so many here celebrating this. Utterly myopic and oblivious to the broader implications for human rights.

• pbrow
    pbrow

When a child is allowed to die because his parents refuse medical treatment his parents have incredibly stupid ideas with terrible consequences. I was that parent. I personally spoke to my doctors and told them I did not want my 3 day old child to have blood transfusions when it looked like she may need them due to complications during birth. There is nothing in my life that I feel more ashamed about then that moment. My own ignorance and unwillingness to question authority led me to that moment. There is nothing more important then being able to question authority and think freely about ANY and ALL topics.

I would have been responsible to for my childs death. Not the organization. ME. Ignorant and unquestioning people kill and destroy lives. A free and open society allowed me to start questioning and reasoning that this religion was fucked up.

My government banning my ideas would not have helped

pbrow

• Irishdub
    Irishdub
    TOR1500 Now get this...the org. says it has approx. 8 million friends...we meet twice a week, if we all give $2 per week the org. would collect approx. give or take $16 million a week, just think just $2 per week. That could be announced from the stage, friends...just $2 per week and we can help our Russian friends leave Russia,

Enabling control freaks (failed FDS GB Concept) does not solve the problem, they cant be trusted with our money, and our best intentions. They kill that spirit !

Your sentiments have a good motive, why not try to start an *outreach Russian project* for the brothers and sisters reaping the consequences of a slanderous hate cult, and you will be kicked in the derry-air ....we were/are used as pawns for their propaganda.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all in favor of your project, get back to me and others here that might be interested, if you can do this WITHOUT GB or WTS ORG approval !!!

sincerely

Irish

• snowbird
    snowbird

,(((((((Pbrow)))))))

I feel you.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit