Outcome - Banned in Russia - Final

by OrphanCrow 184 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Knowing how the WTS operates they will just leave the JWS there and persecuted, then they will make proclamations of how some of their devoted followers are remaining faithful in spite of persecution, upholding their steadfast devotion for the glorification of Jehovah.

Yep, expect to hear that at this year's summer assemblies .

They might send some lawyers over there to represent some JWS who given stiff prison sentences etc. but the WTS wont make a big acknowledgement of that.

The WTS exploits what and whatever it can to support the organization, many times leaving people persecuted without help or legal representation.

• Irishdub
    Irishdub
    TOR1500 Wish I knew how to do it....how do you make a suggestion like that....that would make to much sense...if the GB's really cared about them, they would get them out of there..

The reality is the GB don't care, we were/are used as pawns, I wish they would prove me wrong, and die for the sheep, they forsake the sheep in my experience.

Case in point, when I was active, (many years ago in Ireland) some local Irish elders ORGANISED a little get together in a restaurant/bar (private room) to have a fellowship meal, *with the purpose of sharing* clothing, food items ETC, to the poorer JWs in our community. Those less fortunate could take freely, and in private. The givers and the takers were NOT discussed, just a fun get together. I was informed later that the Watchtower COMPANY MEN frowned on this unauthorized get together and the local irish elders were marked and disciplined. This is disposition of the WTS, and it has not changed. there is no real love, its unity is based on fear and manipulation.

Maybe someone will send a letter from readers and suggest we all (approx. 8 million) should give $2 per week to bring our Friends home....undercover...

Great idea ...but, does not your comment *UNDERCOVER* and being a *JW WOMAN * speak VOLUMES of this organization's hypocrisy for fighting for their freedom and rights and denying YOU the same privileges ! Makes my heart SAD for its victims ..nothing personal to you, you have a good heart

Irish

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow...JWs banned in Russia for extremist behavior!

That's like an alcoholic telling you he doesn't want to be in your company cause you're a drunkard!

If Russian authorities are ousting JWs cause they're extremists, then JWs must truly be extremists...ya think!

• Irishdub
    Irishdub
    JW GoneBAd - Russian authorities are ousting JWs cause they're extremists, then JWs must truly be extremists...ya think!

I guess the Russian orthodox church does not like being slandered as SATANIC !

• pbrow
    pbrow

banning ideas has everything to do with emotional reasoning (and a money grab) If my family is blown up by christian scientologists who are studying to be jews it will not change the fact that it is a bad idea to ban ideologies.

Ideologies live and die by logic and reason. The athiest movement is small but it is making headway while the progress is being made despite the iron clad grip that religion had on the world just a few hundred years ago. Our progress as human beings is no doubt slow. That is ok. As Sam Harris has said "climbing down from trees and starting civilizations from sticks and stones is hard work" (loosely paraphrased)

Who do you want determining what ideas you can or cannot have? Is it ok because the russian government did it???

Maybe banning the jw religion will reinforce their beliefs. Maybe it will wake some up. If we cannot have the individual freedom of religion or from religion then we dont have much.

Recognize totalitarian governments when you see them and speak out against them when you can.

pbrow

and thanks sylvia.... fucked up things we do...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is there any evidence that banning a religion has a negative or positive affect on its growth?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes a negative effect for obvious reasons.

Here is some more relevant information for how the JWS got banned all over Russia now.

Russian anti-extremism laws were extended to non-violent groups in 2007 and Jehovah’s Witnesses have been officially banned from the port city of Taganrog since 2009, after a local court ruled the organisation guilty of inciting religious hatred by "propagating the exclusivity and supremacy" of their religion.[68]

On December 8, 2009 the Supreme Court of Russia upheld the ruling of the lower courts which pronounced 34 pieces of Jehovah's Witness literature extremist, including their magazine The Watchtower, in the Russian language. Jehovah's Witnesses claim that this ruling affirms a misapplication of a federal law on anti-extremism. The ruling upheld the confiscation of property of Jehovah's Witnesses in Taganrog, and may set a precedent for similar cases in other areas of Russia, as well as placing literature of Jehovah's Witnesses on a list of literature unacceptable throughout Russia. The chairman of the presiding committee of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, Vasily Kalin, said: "I am very concerned that this decision will open a new era of opposition against Jehovah's Witnesses, whose right to meet in peace, to access religious literature and to share the Christian hope contained in the Gospels, is more and more limited."[69][70][71] On December 1, 2015 a Rostov Regional Court convicted 16 Jehovah's Witnesses of practising extremism in Taganrog, with five given 5 1⁄2-year suspended sentences and the remainder issued fines they were not required to pay.[68]

On May 5, 2015, customs authorities in Russia seized a shipment of religious literature containing Ossetian-language Bibles published by Jehovah's Witnesses. Russian customs officials in the city of Vyborg held up a shipment of 2,013 Russian-language copies of Bibles on July 13, 2015. Customs authorities confiscated three of the Bibles, sent them to an "expert" to study the Bibles to determine whether they contained "extremist" language, and impounded the rest of the shipment.[72]

On July 21, 2015, the Russian Federation Ministry of Justice added Jehovah's Witnesses' official website to the Federal List of Extremist Materials thereby making it a criminal offense to promote the website from within the country and requiring internet providers throughout Russia to block access to the site.[73][74]

On March 23, 2017, the Russian News Agency TASS reported, "Russia's Justice Ministry has suspended the activities of the religious organization calling itself Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia due to its extremist activities."[75] The Supreme Court of Russia is scheduled on April 5 to hear a request by the Russian Justice Ministry to declare Jehovah's Witnesses an extremist organization. If adopted, the ruling would ban the organization's activity across Russia and result in seizure of their property.[76] In April 2017, the group was banned, with their property in the country to be confiscated.[77]

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Finkelstein '...This is 2017 not the 1940's,,,'

Famous saying in 1940 '...this is 1940 not the 1870's...'

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Finkelstein '...Come on its 2017 for fucks sake...' and '...This is 2017 not the 1940's..'

I just double checked. He's right!

• atomant
    atomant

Now that dubs r banned one would think it appropriate for one of the GB to travel over their and assist in damage control instead of being armchair supporters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit