Walking a thin line - Resigning Elder

by Sanchy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Hi friends,

So, as I mentioned in a reply above, i was successfully able to help my wife see the light. All of the advice I received here was invaluable and I'm greatly thankful for the warm embrace i received from all of you.

We have stopped going to all mtgs and do not preach at all either. As to the rest of my family, they are showing signs of pre-shunning us, and this is incredibly painful for us, but we are grateful that at least we are not completely cutoff. We intend to one day move to another town with the hopes of making it harder for elders to follow up on us, given that we can't wait to celebrate our first Christmas...😂

Timebandit:. Thx for the words my friend. I know elders have a bad rap around here and of course there are always a few bad apples, but many are genuinely just trying to do this really difficult task as best they can.

Thanks fire the words Edenone

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Dude - you don't have to wait for ANY approval of your resignation!!!

You can tell they eders - this is my last day - and that's it!!!!

They can notify the CO and then make the announcement - but that decisions is 100% you - not them!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for the update, Sanchy. If you can get to it this year, enjoy your first Christmas.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Great news. Very happy for your family

• baker
    baker

Thank goodness you never had to face the blood issue, now you can go to the ER without a document that will tie the doctors hands in helping you.

• Mailman
    Mailman

Hi Sanchy good morning. Current MS here and started researching about our doctrines way back in early 2013. Just thought this site can help you in furthering your research: beroeans.net. :)

• phats
    phats

Hi Sanchy,

Ive been out for 10 years now. Born in, married at 22 (wife 19) I'm now in my 50s & wife still going. We've had all the discussions over the years but she feels the way she dose & has no thoughts of leaving.

Okay. This is how it works for us. I love her with all my heart. I know she loves me so we have worked it out between the two of us. I believe I have the right to believe what I believe so it's only fair I give her the same privilege.

With this & over the last 10 years we have developed a relationship closer than I have ever know.

Your life & story are yours but I must say that one thing & one thing alone has made this possible for us & that is "Practising mutual Respect" As long as your relationship is worth it I would say keep respect at the top of your list & many good things will follow & you Sir will be free as well. I wish you every success, Phats out.

P.S. Do everything you can to NOT get D'Fed. Work it in such a way that you do as little damage as possibe in your congregation so you can still have some resemblance of life, with ALL your family including those that will stay in. Become a (Shinning, "happy" example) of someone leaving & there whole life & family NOT falling apart, Be mindful of your wife's & families happiness, this will make a lot to people looking on with similar thoughts going on to see that leaving dose not = catastrophe. P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit