by TheScientist 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ TheScientist

“Camouflaged dissent”… I like that.

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

“Camouflaged dissent”… I like that.

I don't know how this expression sounds in English... :-) But I use this term to designate people who blend into the environment, making them appear to be part of it, but in reality they are not. Like a camouflage..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It sounds perfect.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - “…sorry, I do think it is faintly ridiculous to be talking about Watchtower battling for ‘survival’ at this point…”

Like I asked in another thread…

…why would the WT leadership take actions that appear clearly tailored to shore up the Org’s survival…

…if the Org’s survival wasn’t actually at risk?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I don't know how this expression sounds in English..."

I agree with Vidiot, it sounds great! 👍👌

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

…why would the WT leadership take actions that appear clearly tailored to shore up the Org’s survival…

…if the Org’s survival wasn’t actually at risk?

Exactly. Taking actions, and worse, in an accelerated way: there is just a three-month interval between the end of the time report and the end of the beard ban! These changes are not trivial when it comes to the JW world.

• TheScientist
    TheScientist
    I agree with Vidiot, it sounds great! 👍👌

👍

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Scientist

You are aware that JWs consistently number far higher in national censuses compared with their own statistics? This is in contrast with other religious groups.

As one example the 2010 census in Brazil showed that 1.4 million self-identified as JW. This is hundreds of thousands higher than the publisher figure given by Watchtower.

By contrast the same census found only 226,000 identified themselves as Mormons. This was far lower than the 1.17:million members claimed by the Mormon church.

Mormons exaggerated their numbers by over 400% whereas Watchtower underestimated JW numbers by more than 50% compared with the census figure of self-identified JWs.

This pattern is repeated across all countries that count religion in the census: far more describe themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses than are claimed as publishers by Watchtower.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

TheScientist;

No. These changes are not trivial in JW land .

These are actually U-turns,,180's,,or whatever you may call them..

Lives have been impacted over the decades by such heavy-handed mandates.

Now they are totally flipped. What gives?

The Borgs fight for survival probably.

• blondie
    blondie

The Scientist,

"Exactly. Taking actions, and worse, in an accelerated way: there is just a three-month interval between the end of the time report and the end of the beard ban! These changes are not trivial when it comes to the JW world."

I am sure the old timers are wondering what is going on. Time reporting in place since 1920, inaugurated by Rutherford. What is coming up 3 months from the removal of the beard ban?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit