Why disfellowship must be eliminated for the survival of the WT itself

by TheScientist 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheScientist
    TheScientist
    You are aware that JWs consistently number far higher in national censuses compared with their own statistics? This is in contrast with other religious groups.

I have 2 childhood friends who haven't been in a Kingdom Hall for a few years. They have a beard (since when it was prohibited), long hair, participate in lottery cakes in our friends group, and they date or marry worldly women. In our group of friends, when me and my brother (also POMO like me) mock JW teachings or new lights, they are the first to defend WT. But they don't plan on returning to KH anytime soon. This is probably the type of "JW" who self-declares on the census. If WT depends on them to survive, it is in trouble. :-)

I joke with them saying that if they want to go back to KH, it's better they do it soon while there are KH in the city!!!

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

Blondie and Beth Sarim,

I look forward for the new light to JW be liter.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If the new "light" gets any ""lighter"",, there won't be anything holding the Borg down.

ie) like maybe allow Holidays and birthdays?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - “…far more describe themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses than are claimed as publishers by Watchtower…”

So?

Are they attending?

Are they subscribing to the WT belief system?

Are they supporting the Org financially?

Eight million, or eight…

…all the numbers in the world mean jack shit if the actual problems the WTS is experiencing have nothing to do with the size of its membership.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oops, double post.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m really in two minds about the state of Wt at the moment. True, the demographic is elderly people, and KH are empty. I do believe they are flat lining at the moment and decline is on the horizon. But, like slim suggested, this doesn’t seem to be the case with census figures, where wt has little to no control concerning religious affiliation. Both in my country and link that I previously posted the census figures compared to Wt would blow any religion out the door concerning truthfulness. Over the years, for the country that I live in, the number of people identifying as JWs in the census has dropped, where as Wt reporting has stayed constant. This to me suggests a change in dynamic to the people leaving. Leaving because they have got better things to do on a Sunday morning, but still identify as a JW. Verses those who leave because of indifference to the religion, hence not identifying. This statistical change, however is somewhat marginal. My argument here is, if there is this growing population of PIMOs in the org, they are certainly not identify as such, when given the freedom to do so in the census.

Over the years the census has always been twice that reported by Wt. Although there has been a slight shift between the two figures in recent years. Not enough, in my opinion, for wt to be concerned.

• TheScientist
    TheScientist
    @joe134cd: Over the years the census has always been twice that reported by Wt. Although there has been a slight shift between the two figures in recent years. Not enough, in my opinion, for wt to be concerned.

A person that idenfies self as JW but doesn't go to the KH and don't give money to the "worldwide work", is the same than nothing for the WT. It doesn't need absent fans, it needs folowers giving their money in a regular basis!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

A JW that doesn't go to the KH and don't give money to WT, is the same than nothing for the WT.

TheScientist: That comment could be true as well. But what I am trying to say. If there is a growing population of PIMOs in the org. They are certainly not identifying as such, when given the opportunity to do so, in the census. For example, say in the next census there was a sudden 50% disparity between the 2 figures. This could suggest a PIMO presence. This just hasn’t happened. In my local area I can think of 15 ex-JWs who wouldn't write JW in the religious identification section, and that includes me. Yet the census figures still hovers a bit below the x2 figure reported by Wt. Have you watched that link I posted. I think you could benefit from it.

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

Census by the State: many people self-declare as JW but they are not actually JW (do not attend, do not make donations, do not behavior like JW, etc).

Census by the Watchtower: all those that mark X in that field related to preaching activity.

The correct methodology to get the actual number of JWs is the formula:

nJW = nPub - nPIMOs

nJW: number of actual JWs

nPub: number of publishers (according to World Report)

nPIMOs: number of PIMOs (unknown)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Aw, fuck…

…I hate it when it comes down to math.

🥵

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit