Front row seats watching the collapse of watchtower

by Indoubtbigtime 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

How did they increase 3% in the US in '21 per google which was significant growth and their largest % increase since 1990. Is this accurate or due to the Covid pandemic and fear? Must have been fear factor like 9/11.

Can't believe the shoving of inoculations down the throats of JWs -- are they expecting a genocide among the adherents to end their horror show. It would be easy way for them to make escape off to wonderland with any others at the top of the echelon.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

As much as I'm on board with wanting to see the demise of the Borg, I just can't see it happening.

We're talking about an Organization with billions of dollars and assets at it's disposal. Cults are tenacious at morphing into a different business model.

It will probably just morph into a few KH's strewn about. With A$$emblies held as they have them now as those are a big cash cows.

The Mike and Kim youtube channel Mike just illustrated how the Borg's 1914 model has failed. It's printing era has failed. It's becoming online, but they have to keep KH's and A$$emblies going to drum-up control and donations coming in.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Perhaps not complete demise, but what about a split in the middle? Here the culprit might be their stance on the so-called vaccines, compared to their stance on blood transusion. This might affect some of the older folk. And now it turns out that the gene therapy was not such a good idea. Will they admit they made a mistake? I don't think so. And that means they do not have a red telephone to heaven. The reasoning would be: Would God prescribe something detrimental to health?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    How did they increase 3% in the US in '21 per google which was significant growth and their largest % increase since 1990. Is this accurate or due to the Covid pandemic and fear? Must have been fear factor like 9/11.

It was partly a bounce back from the decrease of the previous years.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

I am expecting them to point to the year 2034, 120 years after 1914 (Gen 6:3). Another end year might again contribute to accelerated growth - short-term. After another prophecy will be failing, believers will even be more firm as the past has shown.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Historically, apocalyptic groups have actually needed to occasionally “date-set” to re-stoke waning membership zeal.

Unfortunately for the WTS, however, they’ve done it so many times that they’ll lose too much credibility… they’re stuck with “any day now, any day now, any day now”.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

At this point I just don't think the Borg would be wise to set any more dates.

Doing so over the years has proven to be shooting themselves in the foot. You'd think the Borg would learn from it's past foolhardiness.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"eventually have new light that they were wrong about 1914"

How can they be wrong about 1914?

1914 is not an invention of the Watchtower.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Charles Taze Russel plagiarized the 1914 theology from Nelson Barber. It is not ''authentic'', It's an 'adoption'.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Based on watching the actions of still-in family and old JW friends I think many will stay in to simply support their "tribe" but with a LOT less time, money, and energy...much like many Italian and Spanish Catholic families I know who attend "church" a few times a year, for weddings, funerals, etc.

Headquarters has shrunk the facilities and personnel and therefore cut the red ink to a minimum. They will be able to comfortably live off a vastly reduced donation base for many years, simply selling off real estate assets as needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit