Front row seats watching the collapse of watchtower

by Indoubtbigtime 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"My old congregation in West Sussex lost about 31 youths between the late 1990s and early 2000s" Same happened around my area. And almost no one from territory coming in. That's Why I think numbers in yearly report are fake. In western world with all people i know abandon religion it should be - 20% at least.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

It is hard to imagine how anybody could remain "Physically In - Mentally Out" of a religion such as the JWs, which demands everything from its rank-and-file membership. No difficulty, of course, being a "PIMO" member of any of the so-called "Mainstream Churches". In fact, most of their membership probably fits into that category i.e., get married in the church, get buried by the church, and attend a few church services in between times - but that is all.

Sustaining that same trick for any length of time with the JWs, though, would surely tear a person apart - mentally and emotionally? (I would have thought, anyway!)

As to the complete demise of the JW religion (whether with a whimper or with a bang), sadly not very likely. The more unpleasant forms of life are the ones which always seem to survive - even such catastrophic events as a nuclear explosion. For example, after a series of nuclear tests which were carried out in the 1950s on the then British territory of Christmas Island, it was noted that all other forms of life had been obliterated, except for the cockroaches and the rats. I rather fear that the JW religion is yet another unpleasant form of life which will somehow hang on, despite all the evidence on hand indicating otherwise.

PS: I hope I am wrong, but somehow don't think so!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RIVERGANG:

I agree with you and think people on the thread are too optimistic! They shouldn’t hold their breath.

I think the JW religion will just become smaller and more obscure like other sects in the US… Regarding what you said about PIMOs: I think a considerable number of JWs are in this category. They are probably hanging on for family members. They can keep it. I wouldn’t want to be there listening to BS, appeals for money and intrusiveness into your business. Nah, I could never fake it and am glad I walked away from this over two decades ago.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    Rivergang14 hours ago

It is hard to imagine how anybody could remain "Physically In - Mentally Out" of a religion such as the JWs, which demands everything from its rank-and-file membership. No difficulty, of course, being a "PIMO" member of any of the so-called "Mainstream Churches". In fact, most of their membership probably fits into that category i.e., get married in the church, get buried by the church, and attend a few church services in between times - but that is all

-

there red are some Jdubs who basically are doing this now. Born in the church and will be buried by the church but remain on zoom only occasionally going to memorial or any party gathering type things. Yes go to weddings and funerals and things like that.

I wonder if there are actually huge numbers now who know themselves to have doubts about many things if not all of it. But they are too scared to talk about these doubts for fear of sunning. Loads are actually pimo to a certain extent

you may even get husband and wife and family members all saying the right things to each other even when they don’t believe it

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I wonder how many have doubts about the GB teaching that only baptised JWs would survive the big A? Even then they say you may make it as with unbaptised kids

i think most people physically in don’t agree with the GB on this and are hoping Jehovah would let other good people into the new world even if they are not baptised JWs

well if you think that then you are already PIMO to an extent

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

PIMOs may be able to hang in longer if the WTS's struggles get bad enough. They could reach a point where they just want the numbers to look good while they try to keep the ship from sinking. In that case, the pressure would ease on those who are not doing enough to avoid scrutiny.

As for me, I was barely able to keep up when I was PIMI. I can't imagine being PIMO and having to schedule so much time around the meetings and field service, or trying to convince people to study with the JWs when I do not believe in it myself. It's a bridge too far for me.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    As for me, I was barely able to keep up when I was PIMI. I can't imagine being PIMO and having to schedule so much time around the meetings and field service, or trying to convince people to study with the JWs when I do not believe in it myself. It's a bridge too far for me.

My thoughts exactly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit