Front row seats watching the collapse of watchtower

by Indoubtbigtime 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The only trend I noticed is couples in their twenties and thirties are not having children. but the problem with that is it's going to take another 50 years for no one to be left.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Collapse of the organization? Not for a long, long time in my opinion. You are spot on about young ones leaving as soon as they can. I believe the diminishing number of WT members is the real cause of consolidating the Kingdom Halls and selling them off. The WT could see the handwriting on the wall a long time ago and came up with the strategy of reaping the real estate rewards by stealing these building that were built and paid for by the gullible believers. I once was one of them.

• Ding
    Ding

You don't have to stay in to watch how the GB membership changes and what the new ones do.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Indoubtbigtime.....Never Forget the Importance of Being Earnest.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think the WTS is slowly dying.

And the GB (whoever they happen to be at the time) will continue to take increasingly unethical actions to prevent it (which will, of course, ironically contribute to it)…

…whilst continuing to delude themselves right up to the moment it happens (and probably even afterward), refusing to accept it.

Just a guess.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One things for sure, they are long past the possibility of any kind meaningful reform.

At the very least, they’ll dwindle away to a pale, whispery shadow of their former selves, to the point where regular folk are barely aware they even exist anymore.

Like the Hare Krishnas.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They lost a large proportion of followers in the early-to-mid 1920s, thanks to Rutherford publishing end-times predictions so frequently. It was something like 65% of the following, which splintered off into other groups (some of which remain active today, if I am not mistaken). But they managed to recover and grow.

Whether they can do it now, it's hard to say. Rutherford was the leader of the organization during his term, a sort of one-man FDS. So he could make changes more quickly and efficiently (granted, this was one reason why things went downhill at the start of his term). Also, there wasn't an internet where critics could reach a massive audience and virtually "confront" Rutherford and make a response necessary.

I think that the current GB may feel safe, now that they have the '2075 teaching.' They can keep the current ideas going until they pass away, and if the effect on the organization is disastrous, they won't be around to deal with it. Let the next group of GB members try to patch the hull of the sinking ship.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Have you people heard about the internet?😊 Do a search on Google Jehovas witness. Most material is negative. Can not compare today with how it was in the 40s or 70 s for watchtower. It's mad Max scenario for watchtower this days. Don't matter how much they preach or do videos. People out in district gonna Google them as soon doors are closed. Yeah they probably can preach undisturbed somewhere out bush in Africa. But this cooperation is run on money. And let's face it not much donations are gonna come from poor countries

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I suspect newly 'awakened' folks are imagining their own emotional break from the church somehow predicts the same for many others. The church has survived and grown through a century of contradictions, scandals, power struggles, and financial challenges. In my estimation, they have gotten much better at the game and the next decade of electronic media will likely be a golden age for them.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

they will go on -as movie stars! Actually I think they will survive because it is in the interest (somehow) for their handlers...don't know who the puppeteers are. I am thinking the WEF is somehow involved and the UN. I think that movie studio is being build for the purpose of the united world church that is being promoted....( just my own conspiracy so don't get too excited.) Anyway, the men at the top ( deep state, cabal, whatever) speak of a new world order. I first heard that term in the WT. coincidence? Now if things do go sideways, they will blame it on apostates who slipped in and did the writing. So after the current old men die off, the newbies will likely make some changes and declare the old GB apostates. After all if Russel were alive today with his beliefs, he would be labeled apostate! I know, my crystal ball is cloudy! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit