Gas or Electric Stove

by just fine 52 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Today's free-standing gas range of choice: SAMSUNG, with dual oven. I'm making soup right now, which is really cool -- I put the kettle on the back burner, whose cap is just 1.5 inches in diameter. A tiny flame. The other caps are 3, 4, and 5 inches respectively. Oh, there's more: a griddle in center.

• LV101
    LV101

Aesthetically, I like the way the glass cooktops look. I know gas cooktops are best for serious cooking, however, I appreciate the safety factor mentioned previously for electric.

• Steel
    Steel

A Gas range cooks a lot faster than electricity any day. Plus natural gas is much cheaper than electricity.

Gas ranges are super messy though. Lots of boil overs and such. Those electric Flat tops are a breeze to wipe down.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

If you cook frequently I would recommend a gas range if not then an electric range would probably be adequate.

• freddo
    freddo

"Gas hob and electric ovens.

Plus a camping gas stove in case the electric goes off, the hob needs electricity to light!

George"

Agree on Gas hob and electric oven(s).

A box of matches or hand held lighter lights gas when the piezzo thing doesn't work due to electricity outages!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Just returned from cleaning this lovely F. Bertazzon Italia, 5-burner gas range. Easy peasy:

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just returned from cleaning this lovely

F. Bertazzon Italia, 5-burner gas range.....CoCo

Image result for the mask in love

• compound complex
    compound complex

I remember that scene with Jim Carrey.

Thanks, OUTLAW!

I work for lots of people who have fancy, upscale kitchens. I clean their fridges, stoves, etc., even when it's not my assigned duty. Love cleaning kitchens, and used to do commercial kitchens -- AAAAARGH!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Love cleaning kitchens, and used to do commercial kitchens -- AAAAARGH!!!

LOL!!.....For one person that's a lot of work..

I always cleaned my station, with my team..

When I would Chef...

I always had my cooks clean their Stations..

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so heres the puppy i ordered---coming in a weeks time. and it had just been reduced in price again----£320--from Argos UK. about half what i had expected to pay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit