Gas or Electric Stove

by just fine 52 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Now we're cookin' with gas!

As a house cleaner for most of my life -- both as avocation and vocation -- I advise you to please be sure to follow whatever instructions are provided for cleaning. I've seen many a range surface ruined through improper cleaning procedures, that is, before my coming on board. Too, some surfaces are harder to keep streak-free, namely BLACK!

I'm sure you're aware of all this and don't need my advice. My fave is a client's 6-burner WOLF range. No bells and whistles (none needed).

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Once you have gas - oh, never mind.

Gas - all the way. Phenomenal cooking control.

(Usually less expensive, too.)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Speaking as an electrician, I would go for gas cooking.

Perhaps not if you did not already have gas connected, then it maybe not so attractive. But seeing as though you do have a gas supply enabled, then it is a no brainer (more control and less expensive!)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Gas is king.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Gas was all I've ever known in my life in Pennsylvania. But since I moved to Florida 3 and a half years ago,,, all I can have here is electric. To me, gas is the best but you learn to live and cook just as well with whatever you have available. Advantages to both!

• millie210
    millie210

Gas!

For all the reasons mentioned above.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Gas.

But if you still need convincing Watchtower is installing electric stoves in the apartments at their new headquarters.

• longgone
    longgone

Gas! Hands down, for all of the above reasons. Plus, on a cold winter day you can toast a marshmallow on it for fun. It works! 😄

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If you have the outside vent and plumbing (or are willing to pay to install them), gas. If not, and the wiring is already in place, electric. Gas needs an outside exhaust vent for safety. And if your gas is propane instead of natural gas, it also needs a floor level vent (because propane sinks--it is heavier than air).

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    Gas... just in case the JWs come knocking and you get the urge to stick your head in the oven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit