Gas or Electric Stove

by just fine 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Nice! Looks like gas(?). I'd vote gas--absolutely love it compared to elec.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"If you have the outside vent and plumbing (or are willing to pay to install them), gas. If not, and the wiring is already in place, electric. Gas needs an outside exhaust vent for safety. And if your gas is propane instead of natural gas, it also needs a floor level vent (because propane sinks--it is heavier than air)."

-- GLTirebiter

All the ranges I described are propane; we have no natural gas lines in our gated, mountain community. I appreciate GLT's warning as I sometimes smell the gas, which is odorized because it is naturally without odor.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I like dual fuel. The gas range and the electric oven is the perfect combination. Temperatures on the surface are easier to control with gas and in the oven, for baking, the electric is more even IMO and less likely to go rogue on you.

I used to work at an appliance store and that was preferred by most who had a choice. Often they would get the dual fuel range with oven or the range with separate double ovens. This is kind of about budget, but Wolf is the best, though at the beginning it might be a bit persnickety.

I love certain things about the smooth surface ranges, but they are not ideal for a person who is REALLY into cooking at a high level. I could never afford that dual setup and only had electric available, and for everyday cooking, the smooth surface was great(easy clean!) until an impatient young man smacked a pan on it too hard and broke it. Too $$ to fix. I loved it with the two ovens below, the small one on top and bigger one on the bottom (GE? Gemini?) Great to only heat up a small oven for many meals and have two for elaborate or holiday meals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit