Gas or Electric Stove

by just fine 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Etude
    Etude

I've had both. Definitely gas. It just cooks better because I feel I can control it better. It's also cheaper in most places.

Etude.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This post is a gas.just fine in fact its electrfying .

gas wins hands down for control and quickness .

• St George of England
    St George of England

Gas hob and electric ovens.

Plus a camping gas stove in case the electric goes off, the hob needs electricity to light!

George

• sir82
    sir82

How about Option C: Induction?

http://theinductionsite.com/proandcon.php

Have used it, I find it has all the speed & pinpoint control of cooking with gas yet also the cleaning ease of electric. Plus no need to install a gas line if your home does not already have one.

It can be a little pricey to buy & install, but for a better than average gas stove you'll end up paying more anyway.

At least worth consideration.

• LV101
    LV101

CoCo -- what's your FAV gas cooktop that is installed on countertops? I'm not much of a cook anymore -- let's just say I don't cook anymore and my kitchen has never had the big range like you pictured but I've had the best Euro/gas ones that are set in the island part of kitchen. I'm redoing my kitchen but will still be same layout for cooktop. Thanks.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

by coincidence--i just ordered a range cooker in black. gas hob with electric oven.

main thing is its got a large wok burner. keeps the wife happy--shes a filipina---and loves cooking with a wok.

• just fine
    just fine

So many great suggestions! I have to finalize my order tomorrow. The Wolff range looks amazing, but is a bit out of my budget 😢. I guess a gas range is in my future. Thanks for your help.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

This thread reminds me of a joke I heard.

A man equipped with a parachute, jumps out of an airplane.

On the way down, he pulls the rip cord and discovers it isn't working and begins frantically struggling to fix it.

As he plummets downward toward the earth, he sees another man in the distance who, for some reason is flying upward at a rapid pace.

As the two pass each other, the man with the parachute shouts " HEY MISTER...DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PARACHUTES ??? "

The other man shouts back " NOOO.....DO YOU KNOW ANTYING ABOUT GAS STOVES??"

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Pete Zahut,

Never with a gas stove, but my first attempts to use an oxy-acetylene cutting torch almost resulted in a similar thing!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If you don't have a fireplace or wood-burning stove and your winters are cold, I would take gas in a flash. Would not have to worry about surviving lengthy power outages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit