A new generation of anointed that will not pass away.

by Fisherman 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

LV101, I invite you to start up topics on Lawrence Krauss' book and naturalism.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

DJW,

A bible teacher friend of mine once debated Laurance Krauss. You can listen to the debate here.

Part 2 of the debate is found here.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

They 1914 generation didn5 reallly die.. they just moved to heaven. They will never die

• LV101
    LV101

Dis'd JW --- I don't know enough about the book -- wish I did!! I do need to replace it.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

God believing people (whether Christian or Jewish) please consider something in the book called "According to Luke" which I opened up one my many different translations of the Bible to a day ago. Please read Luke 4:31-37. When you read it please ask yourself would a demon ever be in a house of worship of a congregation of the biblical God?

The account says a demon who was possessing a man was in a Jewish synagogue on the Sabbath day cried out. According to the biblical book this happened before Christian congregations existed (since Jesus hadn't died yet and the followers of Jesus attended synagogues and the Jewish temple). Is that which you believe is God's house, his place of worship, a place where one or more demons sometimes exist in while a meeting of worship is taking place to God? [This post relates to this topic thread about a generation of the anointed since the account, which I am referring to, says the demon proclaimed that Jesus is "the Holy One of God" (RV, ARV, and ASV Bibles).]

Furthermore, for those of you Christians who are rationally inclined do you really believe that a demon - the spirit of an unclean demon - would bear witness out loud (act as of one of YHWH God's Witnesses) to Jesus Christ as being the Holy One of God? Doesn't instead this account seem to you be contrived, to be pious fiction, in order to convert people to a form of Christianity? Keep in mind that in the first and second century CE many people were highly superstitious and that many gentiles (including Greeks) believed in the existence of multiple gods and demons (daemons/daimons) - including believing that some demons (daemons/daimons) were good, serving as helpers to humans and as intermediaries between humans and God). If this ancient idea of good demons is unfamiliar to you, please see https://greekerthanthegreeks.com/2016/10/lost-in-translation-word-of-day-demon.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudaemon_(mythology) .

Consider that Acts 16:16-18 says there was a female slave who had a spirit of prediction (divination) which enabled her to make accurate predictions of the future and thus greatly financially profiting her masters, until Paul ordered the spirit in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. According to the account, before the spirit was called out of her, the spirit proclaimed that Paul and those with him are "servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way to salvation" (RV/ARV, and ASV Bibles). Notice that this passage also says a spirit acted as a witness of God. The passage also said that the spirit told people how they can gain salvation. Do you who believe in demon spirits think that such spirits would ever make such public proclamations, even in a mocking manner? Yet people in the ancient world thought many demons (daemons/daimons) were good and acted as intermediaries between humans and the Most High God. Many such people (in or about the second century CE) reading those accounts in Luke and Acts would readily accept what those accounts were saying about the demons.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The great tribulation will “shortly” hit any day now just as wt has been saying all along and since it will happen before the new generation of “anointed” passes away, this would prove that the latest generation definition of inter-lapping anointed is right on the money. No other definition of generation is possible to fulfill the prophecy: “This generation will by no means pass away..” —Which according to wt is based on passing away with relation to the year 1914.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    his would prove that the latest generation definition of inter-lapping anointed is right on the money. No other definition of generation is possible to fulfill the prophecy: “This generation will by no means pass away..” —Which according to wt is based on passing away with relation to the year 1914

So desperate are you to invade any thread that you are now guilty of circular reasoning!

Peace out

Ozzie 🍷🍷

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FM - The great tribulation will “shortly” hit any day now

Is this an 'overlapping(tm) day?

It all sounds a bit bizarre.

Nothing will happen any time soon, you know! I'm willing to bet on it.

• waton
    waton
    This generation will by no means pass away.. Fm.

You are a brave man, knowing as you must, what the scriptures say about the fate of people that take away (partially quote to twist) scripture.

The generation will not pass away-until all is fulfilled. then it will.

Even Jesus was not immortal, he passed away, for us. Your thread title is already a false prophecy, because there is no immortal generation.

wt teaches that the anointed generation of 1914 will pass away at the beginning of the Great Tribulation. That is

False on 1914, false on what should happen in 1914, false on passing away before all has occurred.

shameful. as an Austrian said: That is so bad, it is not even wrong.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think fisherman is sometimes being contrary just to play and have fun. I'm not convinced he/she/they are really being serious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit