Halls closing

by iknowthetruth 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I recently heard that there were 30 congregations dissolved by some C.O. in the Vancouver B.C. area in Canada and several congregations dissolved or closed in Saskatoon, Canada.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Damn...there's a ton of separate threads of tons Kingdom Halls being sold off & tons of congregations either merging or dissolving in the USA...Hot Damn!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Gee, did it have anything to do with the multiple stories run by the Philadelphia Enquirer last summer, FRONT PAGE, about the sexual abuse cases in the area and in south-central PA region that WatchTower was covering up for YEARS?

Hmmmmmmmm..............................

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I was at a "gathering" (ugh) the other week with folks from a variety of different congregations in the area (eastern US) and the combining of congregations was a major topic of discussion. Nearly everyone was impacted in one way or another. My parents live in a rural area and their hall is getting shut down and sold and they will now have at a minimum 40 minute drive each way. They are getting up in age and are concerned about driving at night in the winter. I told them they should dial into those mid-week meetings but my dad is an elder and has a part every week.

Seeing the impact on them first hand makes me change my mind about how much this bothers folks. I guess because I'm not really connected anymore, I could care less what hall I have to attend. Of course, I don't go to that many meetings anymore so its not a bother to me. But to faithful old ones, they feel like they are being abandoned. Thing is, my parents even express it but just shrug their shoulders and follow direction. Yet, you can see the discouragement in their faces.

Nice job GB. Keep kicking the only people who care about you.

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette
    Remember the urgency about the quick build Kingdom Halls? Now its quick cash in. Free labor and contributions. Just like the mafia, Its only business.
  • sir82
    sir82

But to faithful old ones, they feel like they are being abandoned. Thing is, my parents even express it but just

shrug their shoulders and follow direction. Yet, you can see the discouragement in their faces.

If they had all gathered in a room and tried to come up with "what is the most perfect plan we can come up with to kill morale in congregations", I doubt they could have come up with a better plan this this.

Older JWs will hate it because, as in your example, their [lifetime of friends] congregation gets shattered or dissolved, drive time is increased dramatically, they feel abandoned...

Younger JWs, who have never had much of a sense of urgency and probably do expect to "grow old in this system of things", can see how callous, calculating, and business-first the organization has become.

If the organization treats its most loyal, long-term, faithful adherents like pond scum in order to save $$$, why should any JW show loyalty to them?

The organization views individual JWs as commodities, as replaceable cogs.

The "literature" has long railed about how callous the "corporate world" is - viewing employees as chattel, having no use for you once you cease to provide value to them, etc.

Now, any JW with 3 or more firing neurons will see that "the organization" - "Jehovah's organization", "the best organization on earth" - values them just as much as Walmart Inc. values its 3rd shift cashiers.

Way to go Watchtower - "apostates" don't have to do anything to "weaken the faith" of your followers. You yourself are pissing all over your own.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Yet, you can see the discouragement in their faces.
    Nice job GB. Keep kicking the only people who care about you.

I think the GB do realise the effect these cutbacks are having on morale. This is something to consider, because it indicates how much trouble Watchtower is in. They are implementing these cutbacks, despite the effect on morale, because they can see no other way to preserve the organisation at this point. They must be in deep financial trouble to resort to this.

The "literature" has long railed about how callous the "corporate world" is - viewing employees as chattel, having no use for you once you cease to provide value to them, etc.

Have you got any such quotes handy, because that would be interesting to compare.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    • "Way to go Watchtower - "apostates" don't have to do anything to "weaken the faith" of your followers. You yourself are pissing all over your own."

You nailed it Sir82!!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    sir 82: If they had all gathered in a room and tried to come up with "what is the most perfect plan we can come up with to kill morale in congregations", I doubt they could have come up with a better plan than this.

It's like..."Why don't I (WTBTS) just shoot myself in the foot"!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sounds like tooo much "Brotherly Love" in Philly! But we certainly don't want to disrupt the wt corp. from doing jehober's will of closing down their propaganda centers. I think they are doing a fine job of killing off their religion!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit