Halls closing

by iknowthetruth 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I think they are doing a fine job of killing off their religion!

True eyeused, but as Slimboy said they don't have much choice.

Firstly the GB have never shown any true humanity to the flock, all they were ever interested in were having obedient and loyal followers. They always felt that if you did what they told you to do, you would be blissfully happy and problem free so forget the welfare thing, that's what worldly organisations do. More to the point they have demonstrated historically that they do not care for the well-being of individuals.

Donations are down, I think because JWs are disappointed about everything in the JW org except their friends, they are reacting by not contributing. So all the GB accountants can now do is harvest the capital from KHs to pay their debts and mounting court cases.

Let it be remembered that the KHs used to belong to the individual congregations otherwise they could not rail against those sects called "organised religions" that is religions described as having a centralised control over everything. However with the increasing membership numbers in third quarter of the 20th century things changed. Independent congregations could start to think independently and use their congregation assets as they wished. Cult religions hate heresy above all things because it takes away their authority and therefore the money.

So the Watchtower, reversing long held principles, became an "organised religion" around 1990(?) which meant that they took control world wide of all the KHs and later skimmed off (date anyone?) each congregation's surplus finances. Had they remained with congregation finances operating at the local level, it would have been the "servant body" of the local congregation which would have been financially responsible for child sexual abuse cases and not HQ.

The WT became very wealthy by the 1990s and had confidence to smooth the path of their future growth in politically resistant countries by joining their favourite Aunt Sally the UN. Again treacherously reversing a long held viewpoint.

A lot of Watchtower success rode on the hope of the "1914 generation", like all JW promises it failed miserably. The whole organisation accordingly is failing, intellectually, morally and financially, whatever spin they put on it.

It's come-uppance time for the governing body of JWs.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

WatchTower Corp Motto:

"The beatings will continue, until morale improves."

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Some IT skilled individual needs to come up with a website that tallies all hall closings worldwide so we can perpetually keep tabs on what's going on.

Wait, jw.org probably already has that for us.

Let's go check and see.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

You only have to know all the cuts that the watchtower have made these past six years to know that things are not good for the watchtower.Eg they are making a big thing about going on the web.Why when they went down from printing 4 magazines every two months to only one in print why didnt they keep on doing the other 3 just online .But they didnt and even cut back there

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HALF BANANA:

I totally agree with your post.

I have been happily out over eighteen years and am shocked by all the changes (for the worse, IMO) in the religion in that time.

Besides the never ending appeals for money, I think the selling off of many kingdom halls in the US is very telling. It might get to a point where the ‘faithful’ JWs either won’t have a hall to go to or it will be too long to drive. The handwriting on the wall doesn’t look good!

• LV101
    LV101

I gave up hope a long time ago re/demise but maybe they've enough seats left to accommodate the JWs left inside. Might be considering the hardliners and that's all they care about.

Do you think most JWs are even aware of the sell off going on? Sounds like they think it's all about growth. Can't tell in this city - I hear the halls are crowded - young/old, etc.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I tell my wife about the ongoing sales, and she often says, "How do the congregations handle this? Aren't they starting to wonder WTF is going on???" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

I remind her, "they almost never tell the congregations and/or simply dismiss it as people moving to the city for work".

• LV101
    LV101

It's sad they're booted out of halls and have to drive farther into the wild yonder to be fleeced. Some of them have to be of the 'conscious class' or in shock. I understand driving to be part of their social/spirtual structure with life long friends/family but hard to imagine.

• LV101
    LV101
    Leaving the rural areas to the big city to work sounds like they're about 80 yrs. behind times -- talk about going back in time/lol!
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    The next few years are going to be really good for us as ex jws because if the watchtower has lots of out goings but not much money going in they will have to close loads of kingdom halls each year just to keep paying the bills

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit