Halls closing

by iknowthetruth 46 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowthetruth
    iknowthetruth

In my city Philadelphia they closed many kingdom Halls. My hall was desolved and most of the publishers were added to a congregation that only had 50 publishers.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Long may it continue. The org's selling of KH's can only awaken even more JW's to the "great increase" myth.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great news! Karma is a bitch!

• tiki
    tiki

Interesting...first they comandeer all the properties and their value...then they gradually start selling them off...consolidating as it were....and yet people don't get that the main driver is $$$$....

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

iknowthetruth - Wow, a major city like Philly has shut down a lot of KHs, good, hope the trend does the same here in NYC, I only know of one Cong in Philadelphia, Mt Airy Congregation, is that one of Congs that has been shut down, hope so!! Now I'm wondering if the large family I know that attended that Cong is having second thoughts about the Dubs!

• iknowthetruth
    iknowthetruth

They have closed halls in the Northeast of Philadelphia, South Philly and West Philadelphia.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

WAIT???

I recall a special meeting where we had a live broadcast from the GB about how thousands of halls were needed ASAP? So many congregations were sharing halls - 3 to 6 in one, and they needed more halls!!!

And NO ONE is catching on.
    It is hard to believe.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

2 years ago they had plans to built 1000s of halls. Project halted then and now the sale.

G.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Good. By the way, even the amount of Jdubs out preaching seems to be less and less. Years ago, i would see them out at different spots on weekend morning, slowly dragging their feet between houses. Now i never see them, anywhere. Yes i do see a few carts here and there, but when it comes to door-to-door, it's basically disappearing.

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds like many areas and congregations are finding simultaneously from the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit