What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I have no problem with opinions. Also, I put up some recent facts that back up exactly what I am talking about when ICE basically had to tweet that the media is being misleading to the point of putting law enforcement in danger. Yes, it's just one sample, but it's super recent and super relevant. The links which DJS posted which I respect, were geared towards Trump himself being dishonest, I believe, and not anything to do with the integrity of the media which this OP is about no?

Are we talking about Trump ability to embellish or lie? Or the media being trust worthy?

• azor
    azor

The media is a profit driven enterprise as it should be. State controlled is totalitarian. All news in my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. My problem with Trump is not what the news says about him. It's what comes out of his own mouth and his tweets.

He is unhinged. I have not nor will I ever support him. I believe that normalizing his behaviour as we have done is damaging to our democracy. Praising the behavior is unconscionable to me.

Let's remember folks who has the guns and nukes. Hint hint it's not the press. A bully beating up other bullies. What utter nonsense. Last I checked the press couldn't throw you in jail or kill you. Damn can we get some perspective here.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Azor you are taking it to an attack on Trump again when the OP is about the media. You started out there and drifted back into your opinions on Trump which we all have. Separate Trump from the media's behavior, has the media gotten more extreme with its BS? And is that excusable because it's your opinion his behavior should not be normalized? Do two wrongs make a right?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Trump was like a maestro yesterday playing the press.

Only If You Think..

TALKING CRAZY, MAKES SENSE..

Image result for trump leaks are real news is fake

Image result for WTF

• sir82
    sir82

FMF,

Were those "ICE checkpoint" stories you posted produced by credible news media? Or were they spread as rumors on Social Media?

Legitimately asking, maybe I missed it, but I have not seen any news reports of "ICE checkpoints", just Twitter / FB rumors. I have seen news reports of ICE refuting FB rumors, which is of course not the same thing.

This post is about the conventional media. DJS pointed out several instances where Trump and/or his spokesmen are objectively lying. When the news media calls out those lies, Trump's response is to call the media "dishonest".

I think that is the point of this thread. Who is being dishonest? The person who tells the lie, or the person who reports it?

By the way, for the record, I agree that many news organizations have an editorial slant, many spin the news they report, and many have an agenda.

Also, for the record, I believe many news organizations are at least reasonably objective.

• azor
    azor

Free I just stated that i think all media should be taken with a grain of salt and that I don't need them to see how crazy he is. Do I think they should improve? Yes I do. Do I think their bullies? No I don't.

Complaints highlighting errors in reporting is not the executive offices job.

• minimus
    minimus

My question specifically is regarding the news media however I understand why Trump comes up. But this issue really is not about Trump I believe the news media has been dishonest for many many years

• Sorry
    Sorry

"If you don't watch the news, you're uninformed. If you do watch the news, you're misinformed." - Denzel Washington

• minimus
    minimus

Denzel speaks truth

• DJS
    DJS

Trump is unhinged. His supporters, The Trumpeters, believe everything he says, even though he has consistently shown himself to be the biggest liar in all of our lives.

So it's more than a bit hypocritical for the Trumpeters and the mini-me's to question media when they swallow every lie The Orange One spews.

Did you see the response last night from the L and the R news media and have you followed the responses from L politicians and the silence from the R? There is a growing swell of a large cross section who believe The Orange One is unhinged. Played the media like a trumpet? Dear god, mini me, he came across as a complete, unhinged idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit