The Watchtower—Study Edition | December 2023 ...Are you marriage material?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOURNEYMAN:

This is what happens when men who live in a secluded/cloistered environment and don’t know anything - try to give advice to people who have to function in the real world.

I never paid any mind to anything they said and let it go in one ear and out the other!

• jhine
    jhine

Yes , they don't seem to realise that being a good company man doesn't stop someone from developing an alcohol problem. Or indeed from committing adultery , are the wives expected to just put up with that ?

Jan from Tam

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The best marriages I saw were couples already married - or dating - when one, or both, converted. Possibly because they married a bit later in life. As R & R noted, teen marriages often do not last.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Spiritual"" vs. Practical

"Spiritual"" > Practical.

""Spiritual"" over anything,,,always

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The problem with dating JW women is that they are most concerned with how the man makes them look in the congregation. If they are dating a CO or a Bethelite, that is the highest. Then an elder, then a MS as that makes them look good. It's all a show for them. Status symbol.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

True story- I just got my Degree and formed a business. I went to the Hall for a friend's wedding and single sisters where all over me. I don't think it was my spiritual life. It was my handling of money. Especially with the Mercedes Benz in the parking lot. It's all about money.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""I don't think it was my spiritual life. It was my handling of money. Especially with the Mercedes Benz in the parking lot. It's all about money.''

Yup.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

There was an uber elder in one of my congregations who had marriage rules for his daughters. They had to be over 20 yrs old and they had to marry a brother that was over 20, pioneering and a MS. So, the criteria was mostly based on how many hours the guy witnessed for a month.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Wow, joey. If a brother was doing all that AND working, when would he have time for his wife?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Joey jo jo - now hours don’t count.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit