The Watchtower—Study Edition | December 2023 ...Are you marriage material?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• a watcher
    a watcher

joe, hours still count for pioneers.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

a watcher;

Slaving for the Borg,,,with 9 guys at its pinacle whom you never meet,,,is really whats most important here.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just to bring up this point again.

It has been commented on before and observed that the WT has an agenda to make the Borg more important than family. The Borg has a way to insert itself in place of the family.

For instance the Dfing policy,,the removal of holidays. Taking away these family activities and putting the focus on the Borg,,,in regards to holidays.

The Dfing is no different. The Borg inserts itself in place of families. The removal of someone because of a "trivial" matter.

Cults take away family,,,the Borg operates on every parallel.

Placing itself in place of family,,,takes away family.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I am one of the best husbands in the world. With the caveat that I carefully chose a very good wife. And similar enough backgrounds and devotion to each other helps.

I am not and never was a shining example of a " mature" JW whatever that means

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We ( my wife and I ) used to hate these sort of family life articles.. Everyone would put up their hand and trot out their little anecdotes or personal beefs. We were never the typical JW couple and neither would shape up to the Watchtower ideal of a husband and wife .

Yet , we get along fine ( especially since I quit dub land and stopped trying to be what they say I should be) we have been married something approaching 50 years and it has never been better.. So much for the WT ideals !

• jhine
    jhine

Veering off slightly, do JW men actually do cleaning? I thought it would be considered " women's work "

Jan from Tam

• Biahi
    Biahi

I am a victim of this thinking (in a way). First marriage, age 18, no kids, lasted 3 1/2 years. Second marriage, after leaving, and going POMO, age 30, has lasted 34 years, 1daughter, 2 wonderful grandchildren. I wish I could have just slept with him, then moved on. The first guy, I mean.

• dozy
    dozy

The picture is a bit misleading , as the "prospective" couple look about mid 20's. In most congregations they would long since have been married by that age.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Jan: do JW men actually do cleaning?

I don't think there is any guidance from the GB that precludes it. Although they tend to prefer the old-fashioned nuclear home (dad has a job, mom cleans and cooks, etc), there is nothing to stop a JW husband from helping with household chores, and nothing to stop a JW couple from reversing the roles, if they choose.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Do JW men actually do anything,? But serve Jehovah, I mean the Borg, er the WT should be the issue here.

Thats what the Borg is demanding, it's needs before and above anything else. That's what they're implying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit