It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars (continued)

by Simon 2650 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    I think the biggest change was stopping charging for the literature in the 1990s. Until that point Watchtower was effectively a publishing company and their entire culture (including counting time, placements, return visits, and so on) reflected this

I think that just changed who paid and how. Instead of it being direct, it was "well, give a contribution that reflects the value" so they still published literature and got money for it, just without a clear price / revenue model.

But like the current change, it's likely all for legal reasons rather than any real "new light" (even though that's how they will spin it).

Fun experiment: fill in the online form indicating that you are interested in the JWs and someone from the local congregation will arrange a visit. Now tell me that isn't direct control and a demonstrable command structure ...

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

They gotta know people hate going out in service and most fudge their hours anyway. They knock on half a block's worth of doors then sit in McDonald's for an hour for a "break." Then 45 minutes of driving to do 3 return visits and they call it a day.

So now people don't need to figure out how to lie, and with less "encouragement" (read: browbeating and nagging) from elders to do more, maybe they'll stem some bleeding of their members.

This huge change and fat ass can only bother with a 5-minute video. Idiot.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Just wish some of this energy went to Randall Watters.
    I like Randy. What can be done for him? A gofundme? Is there someone in Texas who is willing to take him in?

I’m sure there would be people willing to help out if it were clear what he needed at this time and a clear plan on a solution.

Problem is that low-life scumbags like Lloyd Evans have at least half the community now distrustful of giving money to people. And for good reason too. That fat and ugly piece of filth has fucked this community in more ways than one. Throwing money at a problem isn’t always the best solution either.

So tell me what can be done for Randy. I’m listening.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

So, I feel like this is the only place I can post this because if I did it from my main twitter/YouTube account, it would pull me into a drama. However, this must be called out.

What’s more hypocritical for an advocate against child sexual abuse?

Sleeping with prostitutes in Thailand?

- OR -

Minimizing the literal battlefield rape and kidnappings of civilian women & children by calling it self-defense?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

pepperheart2: WOW tonus you should make a new thread with that post

Thanks, pepperheart2. There are a few topics discussing the recent news from the WTS, I think I made similar comments in those. Good topics! And, as is being pointed out by others, a pretty big topic for JWs and exJWs, yet Evans can only dedicate a few minutes to it.

I have to say, I think his video is so short because he's not really paying attention to the WTS. You would think that Evans, of all people, would have a LOT to say about these recent changes and what they might mean for the organization. I don't think he can be bothered anymore. He got comfortable with other people doing the behind-the-scenes work. He probably thinks that researching the matter himself is beneath him.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    Minimizing the literal battlefield rape and kidnappings of civilian women & children by calling it self-defense?

Palestine and Israel is a far more complicated issue than anyone would ever know. No one should jump to conclusions when the mainstream media and all world leaders jump to the defense of Israel. It is almost cult-like.

Let's leave emotional reactions to the people who use these reactions to further their cause. As with everything one has to wait and see what the reaction is. Like stopping water electricity and food, to an already oppressed nation, which is a war crime. Don't keep falling for the propaganda, I thought the last three years would have taught people that, especially those who have been in a cult and should know cult tactics when they see them.

Let's get back onto the subject, and leave the propagandists to stir up emotions to warrant more wars and death and destruction.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    fat ass can only bother with a 5-minute video. Idiot.

Actually, it was even less than that . So what I always do when I want to watch his video, i quickly go on youtube ,push the pause button right away, click on share ,copy the link of the video, then I go on Kapwing, and upload his video there to watch it. At the bottom of the screen, I can see all his video in frame? I can,if I want split some parts of the video too. So just for fun I did...He will read the announcement on the JW.org ,( 0.54 sec,) he will play a clip of Tony Morris ,trinadad talk where he said people who don't preach have blood on there hands, (1:02 m,) there's the music intro and some at the end , that I didnt count, so what was left was him talking about the news for exactly , a big 3:m and 29 sec. !

I'm not saying he shouldn't have read the announcement, no of course not, he had to do that ,for proof that it does come from the Watchtower. The clip about Tony Morriss is also a good thing to show . But the Patrons give him money , to make videos especially for big news like that , and not for him to talk about this just for a big 3 minutes ! come on !

He just did a stupid video about a Governing body (Ted Jaracz) that's been dead for ? a , 1hours long video , where he also throw digs at a few people,you all know who I'm talking about, And on top of it , it was all "allegedly". Not to mention the scandal aftermath crap video .where it was just him having a hissy fit of vitriol name calling and blaming everybody for "destroying" his business and reputation.That video was 25 m and 45sec. Wow! to lazy to even do a 1\2 hrs video? Like he couldn't find another 5 m to whine ,bitch, complain ,or play the victim ? Also that's what his Patrons paid him for ? A video where he was saying the ex-jw community , hello? that's them too DUH! , are judgemental.toxic ,💩strirrers ?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Viewers, If the song is a hit, I may expand it into a full blown musical..
  • Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Viewers, even if the song is shit, I may expand it into a full blown musical..

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Is the JWWatch site down? jwwatch.org returns "There has been a critical error on this website."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit