Removing Mr. Trump from office.....

by mikeflood 97 Replies latest social current

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Former FBI Deputy Director McCabe confirms: there were discussions within the Department of Justice about invoking 25 th Amendment to remove Trump from office....

I mean the US democracy isn't a third world country, a least the people involved should be reprimanded, they acted like trying a coup d'etat.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The 25th Amendment is exactly that, part of the US Constitution, not some third world country idea.

If it is deemed that the President cannot properly do his duties (or technically discharge his duties), the VP and a Majority of the Cabinet Members can use this provision of the Constitution. It would then require a 2/3 majority by both the House and Senate.

Don't expect that to happen in a nearly even split government.

It has never been used to oust a sitting President.

Rub a Dub

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The top leaders of both parties -- Dems and GOP -- hate Trump.

In my mind, that means Trump can't be all bad!

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I remember when Bush was president all his opponents wanted to do was impeach him, "Bush lied people died" slogan was rampant. Just leave the president to do what he does and he will be gone soon enough and another person will take over that 1/2 the country will fuss about . Its a continuous cycle designed so that no one ever gets what they want and not much gets done amidst all the bickering.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Betheliesalot: "I remember when Bush was president all his opponents wanted to do was impeach him." This is misleading.

There was only one vague attempt at impeachment at the end of W's presidency that went absolutely nowhere.

I'm definitely a blue state liberal and I look back with fondness at W's term in office compared with the disaster that is Mr. T.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Never going to happen. Even the press is back peddling on the Muller report having anything incriminating on Trump.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

With Trump out, less will be done about the ineffectual wall, perhaps. Pence will do all the crappy things that Christian fundamentalists do and be ineffectual in dealing with the deficit, but might be more of a war hawk than Trump. Who knows, not enough difference to matter.

Till then, I wonder how many businesses that Amazon has put out of business in the last 10 years had high profits and zero federal income taxes during their heydays, like Amazon is doing now? My guess is zero. 11.2 billion in profits, zero taxes. Gotta love it. Yep, this is all sustainable. ugh

• minimus
    minimus

They have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Trump and he’s still banging. Lol... if Republicans tried pulling any of this crap with President Hillary, heads would roll!

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Since the 25th Amendment was enacted to remove incapacitated or mentally unfit Presidents, they were correct to consider a wiretap if they truly believed Trump was unfit to carry out his duties. How else do you think they should get evidence to invoke the 25th? Have him sign a statement in which he admits he's nuts?

• minimus
    minimus

It’s bs. A frame job from the get go. They were trying to say that Trump was mentally incapacitated from the very beginning and nothing is farther from the truth. Whether you like his politics or not , he certainly not crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit