Removing Mr. Trump from office.....

by mikeflood 97 Replies latest social current

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I'm asking an honest question. I don't understand how conservatives accept his actions when they seem to violate the Office.

Don't you get it? This is not about what is right, or what is reasonable, or what is sensible.

This is about my team winning over your team, plain and simple. Get it?

Conservatives (not all), are willing to swallow the fact that we have an idiot President that cannot be trusted to say anything truthful, as long of course, the president is part of their team.

If Trump had run and won as a Dem, then these same folks would be having a field day at how much a moron the President is, yadda yadda.

It's the same bullshit that you see with the JW cult. You can spend all day pointing out the failures of their leaders to a JW, and they will play mental gymnastics trying to excuse them.

• minimus
    minimus

Redvip, so thatโ€™s it? Okey dokeyyy

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Shirley, redvip2000,

The problem with the usual suspects here, is that they don't believe what they see and hear.

They claim that there's no difference between the corruption of both sides. One only has to look at the number of Republicans indicted in the last 50 years to see who is more corrupt. Not to mention those pardoned ( Nixon, the Iran Contra conspirators, Scooter Libby, etc)

They put Democrats calling the President an MF, and criticizing Israel, on par with Republicans calling Mexicans murderers and rapists, and saying "civilization can't be restored with someone else's babies".

They think that Trump had no idea what the indicted and guilty parties around him were doing. In my eye, that makes him at best clueless.

We liberals may at times have logs in our eyes, but they have log cabins.

• minimus
    minimus

Spol, do you think liberals are free from corruption? Do you think Hillary would have been a more trustworthy President?

• out4good4
    out4good4

Oh no......

Not another of what just amounts to a Pro-trump circle jerk thread full of the rights what-about-isms.

Sad.....

The board just seemed so peaceful for awhile.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Bringing it back to the OP:

The 25th Amendment, section 4, wasn't meant to address policy disagreements, or even crimes. It was written and ratified to bring some clarity around a President that is "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" and yet is unwilling or unable to transfer authority to the Vice President.

This DOES NOT apply to Trump. It applies to Presidents that are not capable of making decisions, unable to discharge the duties of the office. A policy disagreement, a disagreement over a decision, or even crimes, does not apply here. Even if you think Trump obstructed justice when he fired Comey (he didn't, but even if you think he did), this does not apply. If you really, really think he committed a crime, then the appropriate process is impeachment.

But it gets worse when you look at what exactly he thought constituted justification to use the 25th - namely, the firing of Comey. This was not only well within his ability to do so, without dispute, and a good decision, and was NOT obstruction (what did he obstruct?), it was actually an exercise of his authority. In other words, he was discharging the powers and duties of his office, directly refuting the applicability of the 25th Amendment here.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Since the 25th Amendment was enacted to remove incapacitated or mentally unfit Presidents...

This is where the fudging takes place. What do you mean by "mentally unfit"? The Amendment doesn't use this phrase. What is the criteria for "mentally unfit"?

• minimus
    minimus

Mmm... all logical points!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

minimus,

Democrats corrupt? Yep. In 53 years, 3 people in the Democratic White House Administration have been indicted, with 1 conviction, and 1 prison sentence.

Over the same time, 120 Republicans have been indicted, with 89 being convicted, and 39 going to prison.

To be fair, the Republicans were in office 28 years, as opposed to the Democrats 25.

Also, Hillary would have been a far superior President, and as far as trustworthiness, I would have no qualms leaving my 19 year old son alone on a desert island with Hillary. Would you say the same about a 19 year old girl with Trump?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

MeanMrMustard,

Criteria for mentally unfit? The last 2 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit