Logical Fallacy… can I get some help here?

by DATA-DOG 154 Replies latest social current

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@rocketman:

So who cares?

Well now, if you don't care what the CDC has to say about it.

Is it appropriate to let thousands die while natural immunity slowly develops ?

The data shows natural immunity has already developed. It doesn't slowly develop, given the fast spread of COVID both Alpha and Delta variants, it's unlikely, unless you've been living in the woods on your own somewhere, that you haven't gotten contact with the disease, as such you have most likely developed COVID resistance.

Either that or everyone has been lying about the spread of COVID last year and it is a lot less worse than the flu and it was never any danger except to the elderly, just like the flu is. You can't have it both ways.

So... since we're talking about logical fallacies:

- COVID is really bad and it spreads super fast and its a danger to everyone, especially once you get elderly, and we've reached herd immunity somewhere around January 2021. If you're in a group that is highly affected (elderly or immunocompromised) then you should get the shot if you haven't gotten COVID symptoms yet or you are really worried about it. The data would suggest this scenario.

- COVID is not really bad and it doesn't spread fast and it lingers around without spreading, so you need a vaccine just in case you haven't gotten in contact with it yet so you don't accidentally spread it in the future. The data does not support this.

If you believe the data or not, both cannot be true at the same time. It cannot have spread throughout the population in the way that it did if you are likely to still need a shot because you never got contact.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123
    of

So what your saying then AM is that social restrictions were pointless as well vaccinations ?

So lets say there were no social restrictions or mask wearing laws in the US ever imposed, the amount of infections would be well over a million + and deaths well over a million by now.

With some as you say building up an immunity against the virus, a truly worthy endeavor ?

I guess it might be all fair and well if you are not one those million.

So if you were one of those unfortunate who had to go to a hospital and lay in bed for over a month with a oxygen tube up your nose, would you still have the same opinion about the whole matter ?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Bad analogies and bad illustrations are just that when there is counter evidence of known documented facts to be observed.

Lets identify them as Forrest Gump Reasoning

Forrest Gump - How their lives have changed - Where are they now? | Gallery  | Wonderwall.com

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

“So what your saying then AM is that social restrictions were pointless as well vaccinations ?”

1) That’s what I’m saying. Some experts feel the same, some believe the MRNA shots are helpful for some, and unnecessary for others, and that consent to any medical treatment should only occur when ALL the facts are presented so that an informed, not coerced decision can be made.

The makers of these MRNA shots know full well that some people can and will die. That’s why they have worked hard to pay the right people so as to be free of any and all liabilities due to injuries.

“So lets say there were no social restrictions or mask wearing laws in the US ever imposed, the amount of infections would be well over a million + and deaths well over a million by now.”

2) There is no way that you, or anyone else can prove that statement.

“With some as you say building up an immunity against the virus, a truly worthy endeavor ?”

3) I don’t even know what you are saying.

“I guess it might be all fair well if you are not one those million.”

4) Again, how are proving this number?

”So if you were one those unfortunate who had to go to a hospital and lay in bed for over a month with a oxygen tube up your nose, would you still have the same opinion about the whole matter “

5) Yes. Covid-19 is a virus that can kill, just like any Corona virus can under the right circumstances. If my parents had died of Covid-19 because they have weak immune systems and are old that doesn’t change the facts about insane lockdowns that cause supply chain issues, and deaths from delayed medical treatments, suicide, ect.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG
    TD

“I don't think it's a very good analogy, but it doesn't become a logical fallacy in the formal sense until someone uses the alleged similarity to justify additional conclusions.”

I agree 100%

Therein lies the rub….

What additional conclusions will be justified by those who buy into the false analogy?

DD

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

There is no way that you, or anyone else can prove that statement.

Well what do you think would happen based upon the numbers of infections and deaths

as the numbers were growing from day to day, week to week ???

Not that far off of a probability considering the steady continuing growth.

I'm I being too intellectually honest ?

Am I being too factual ?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

and deaths from delayed medical treatments, suicide

Wow now we are really ramping up the emotions but being dishonest once again.

The fact is yes some medical treatments were delayed but if you had a vitally serious situation such as a heart problem, the Hospital administrators would let an operation through.

Lets try and be honest DD.

You never answered my question about you being a JWS ???

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

that doesn’t change the facts about insane lockdowns that cause supply chain issues, and deaths from delayed medical treatments, suicide, ect.

So you hold to the suggestion and probability that if there were no lock downs the infection rate and eventuating deaths wouldn't have come to much of a difference.

It would have been better to let those infected die, young or old even after and before the vaccination roll out ?

ummmmm ????

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Dr. Leanna Wen is currently spreading the fallacy that unvaccinated persons should have vaccines mandated because they are like drunk drivers… They have the right to be drunk at home she says, but wanting to be part of society at large without being vaccinated is like driving drunk and putting others at risk.

I get what she's saying but her logic has holes in it.

It seems to me that her analogy would only be true, if drunk drivers only hit other drunk drivers. Unfortunately, drunk drivers can hit anyone at any time and other than staying home, there is very little the public can do to protect themselves from drunk drivers. With Covid, there is a vaccine available to the public and those who choose not to get it are at risk of contracting it themselves and infecting others who have also chosen not to get vaccinated.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

RM,

I’m not following your reasoning. Also, don’t worry, you aren’t anywhere close to being “too factual” or “too intellectually honest.”

As for your question about me still being a Dub, are you serious? You haven’t surmised it yet?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit