Logical Fallacy… can I get some help here?

by DATA-DOG 154 Replies latest social current

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Dr. Leanna Wen is currently spreading the fallacy that unvaccinated persons should have vaccines mandated because they are like drunk drivers… They have the right to be drunk at home she says, but wanting to be part of society at large without being vaccinated is like driving drunk and putting others at risk.

Besides ignoring the science proving that persons who have had SARS cov-2 have natural immunity that equals or exceeds anything that could be imparted from the MRNA shot, without the side effects or need for boosters, ( sorry Big Pharma, you’ll be losing $$$ ) this illustration just smacks of illogical reasoning.

It reminds me of the Borg comparing getting baptized to getting your driver’s license. I just can’t put my finger on the exact logical fallacy it falls under.

Anyway, the talking heads of the Leftist media are eating it up. If you haven’t heard this latest whopper you may want to look it up.

DD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

One problem is that vaccinated people can still get COVID...but the symptoms tend to be far less severe .... but they can still spread it to others just as easily as unvaccinated people.

• Simon
    Simon

"Dr" is rapidly losing meaning.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

DATA-DOG:

Dr. Leanna Wen is currently spreading the fallacy that unvaccinated persons should have vaccines mandated because they are like drunk drivers… They have the right to be drunk at home she says, but wanting to be part of society at large without being vaccinated is like driving drunk and putting others at risk. Besides ignoring the science proving that persons who have had SARS cov-2 have natural immunity that equals or exceeds anything that could be imparted from the MRNA shot, without the side effects or need for boosters, ( sorry Big Pharma, you’ll be losing $$$ ) this illustration just smacks of illogical reasoning.

The doctor’s analogy is logically sound, though that doesn’t automatically mean the conclusion applies to the different situation, so it could be considered a hasty generalisation.

Comparing an analogy involving unvaccinated people with people who have previously been infected is ‘shifting the goalposts’.

Comparison with the unrelated JW analogy that happens to mention drivers’ licences is an equivocation fallacy.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

this illustration just smacks of illogical reasoning.

How about the reasoning that vaccinated people who do get Covid have a much lesser chance of dying from it or getting severely sick, with the potential of crippling most hospital systems.

That was the whole purpose of social restrictions and mask wearing.

Do you get it now DD ?

612,000 people died form this virus in the US alone

Put all other information aside and accept the intent.

You either got to be one huge apathetic closed minded idiot or just a pure blatant sociopath

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Somebody is lying. Talking of logical fantasy:

How about the reasoning that vaccinated people who do get Covid have a much lesser chance of dying from it or getting severely sick

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/twitter-suspends-science-writer-after-he-posts-results-pfizer-clinical-test

Do not believe everything you hear. The totals of vaccinated and unvaccinated dying compare well according to UK data. Of the total vaccinated infected approximately 2% dies. Of the total of unvaccinated approximately 5% dies. Courtesy Sky International. When Biden says the vaccine will protect one from dying or serious illness is a lie.

Questions: Why should the vaccinated wear masks if they are protected? Why are they viewed as primary spreaders of the virus? Why are Pfizer recommending a second Booster? What are some of the side-effects of the vaccines? Answer: Heart infection (Pfizer). Brain blood clots (Astra Zeneca). Guillaine Barre syndrome (J&J). Oh yes, and quite a few people are dying from them? Will you allow your child to be vaccinated?

So give me a good reason why I should be vaccinated.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Why is it that the sites you people link to as ‘evidence’ are already recognised as pseudoscience nutter sites? This time, ZeroHedge, operated out of Bulgaria.
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun

Jeffro, focus on the facts.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

As soon as you present some. Pretty much everything in your previous post is false or misleading.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Yes, it's all a conspiracy theory (based on facts).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit