In 2020 In Your Country or State Are Race Relations Better or Worse Than Before?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Doesn't it depend on whether they vote for Biden or Trump? If they don't vote for Biden, then they are not black ...

I think the race relations come down to a divide on opinions on law and order issues and what should and shouldn't be acceptable behaviour in a civilized society. Unfortunately, the divide is usually partitioned by race.

Isn't it odd how most of the race issues recently seem to have occurred in democrat and / or majority black-controlled cities.

It's also odd how it always happens in an election year ...

• Simon
    Simon
    To be fair, there was the one incident where a white woman was shot by a black officer. Maybe it indicates a problem of over aggressive policing more than a race problem.

To be fair, were there any protests, riots or violence when that happened? Or when a black man threw a child off the floor of a shopping mall? Same state right?

Why do black people feel the need to riot and protests only when something happens to a black person as opposed to any act of violence, injustice or inhumanity?

Surely, the normal reaction should be "What has that got to do with me? Wait, what? We're the same color? Well so are millions of other people ..."

Until the mentality changes, nothing will change.

• minimus
    minimus

Many have taken civil unrest to a new level. I really wonder what Martin Luther King Junior would think

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Why do black people feel the need to riot and protests onlywhen something happens to a black person as opposed to any act of violence, injustice or inhumanity?

Answer: they don’t understand racism yet. They don’t understand that acting on color is the problem. Acting on principle is the solution. So much of the civil rights movement, the real civil rights movement, not this social justice milk-toast version of it, was about applying universal principles equally. Now the black community, for the most part, buys into the exact opposite - leftism.

What can’t last, won’t. Larry elder is correct - at some point the black community will realize what’s really been happening. But after all the riots, it seems farther off.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t understand why coloured people trash and loot there own city they live in ? As a protest ?

• Simon
    Simon
    I don`t understand why coloured people trash and loot there own city they live in ? As a protest ?

There's a reason MN is called Little Mogadishu ... large Somali population.

People don't change, just because you move them.

The criminal element will always want crime and disorder, where they can victimize others, rather than a civilized society where hard work and endeavour are rewarded.

These are Low IQ people who cannot create things - they want a world where they can take things.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There are people way in the back throwing fuel on the fire. The ones on tv are the criminals being used as cannon fodder.

The police have long had a us and them attitude. A cop cant make it without agreeing--herd mentality. The same goes for the ethnic groups and the white liberal " guilt".

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It sure sounds like many of my fellow forum members here subscribe to the slogan "Being white makes everything right!"

Would you have a different opinion if 6 black police officers pinned down a white man in broad daylight and knelt on his neck till he died?

just saying!

• LauraV
    LauraV

eyeuse2badub - I agree with your statement above, It sure sounds like many of my fellow forum members here subscribe to the slogan "Being white makes everything right!" but I also agree with the statements being made about why do African-Americans tear up there own neighborhood, I think that is totally ridiculous too.

There is no rhyme or reason to that, if a a white cop shoots a black guy why would I want to set fire to my own neighborhood? What does that accomplish? Absolutely nothing, then that's when some want to holler "when are you going to come fix this up"? Makes no sense whatsoever, I don't want to totally think they should leave it that way as a lesson about your actions have consequences, because some people think like me who might be living next door to the people who think they have the right to destroy their neighborhood and have nothing to do with looting and destruction,

• Simon
    Simon
    Would you have a different opinion if 6 black police officers pinned down a white man in broad daylight and knelt on his neck till he died?

Can you point to somewhere that someone has said it's OK or a good thing?

Here's the difference: some people condemn this killing and these police actions and also the police actions where a black cop of Somali origin gunned down an innocent and unarmed white woman.

Some only seem to care about the black men that get killed by cops. Which are more genuine and concerned for people vs simply looking at race?

Also, the white guy being killed wouldn't be on the news and wouldn't be used as an excuse to riot and loot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit