In 2020 In Your Country or State Are Race Relations Better or Worse Than Before?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Better. Obama was in fact half arab half hippie chick . I wish he hadn't gone the black route. Things like blm. His dealings with foreign policy was more sensible until he started paying bribes.

Colin Powell and Condoleezza rice had the good sense to stay away. I liked both

• scary21
    scary21

When my husband and I moved to Olive Branch MS. We bought a beautiful 4,800 square foot house . I wake up the first morning, looked out the window and said "honey we just moved into a black neighborhood " Yep the first five houses across the street were all black people and great neighbors.

It was just sort of funny. Of course I find humor in everything.. My personal opinion is Obama did NOTHING to help race relations..

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Better or worse than before WHAT ?

Most of my life i have lived in dominately white neighbourhoods ,however in the past 15 years or so I have lived in a mixed race of indigenous people and white people at a guess maybe 75% white 25 % indigenous.

I have a couple of indigenous associates yet more white friends ,and i know some shitheads that are black and also know some arseholes who are white .

Overall I think a little bit of racism is from both sides here ,however its certainly not a big problem that I know about.

I`m in Australia.

• TD
    TD
    You would like to think this is just Hollywood’s portrayal of the racial divide many decades ago.

Some of us are old enough to remember Price and Rainey smirking in court....

The attitude at the time was not unique.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I have watched a few movies where the protagonist or sidekick was black and it was NOT part of the plot; just another decent human.

Will Smith, sidney poitier, morgan freeman, and whoever played deets in lonesome dove come to mind.

As for O being black, it was the practice at one time to keep track of mulattos, quadroons, octoroons. But remember one drop of white blood makes you white

• Davros
    Davros

Race relations will not improve as long as there are people who make a bundle of money off of racism.

For example, the Media needs racism to get ratings, views, clicks, or to sell papers. They will do whatever it takes to further the divide.

The so called poilitial leaders or so called "Reverends" that travel the country get paid every time they appear. And, they get paid well. They tell the people to "Call me for help". But if they are called, they want to get paid before they help. And often, they don't help, they just further the divide. They inflame emotions by telling people that racism lurks around every corner. So, if they are making a bundle of money, then why should they stop? they WANT racism because it is a great source of income for them.

Sad part is that many people do believe that racism is everywhere. They are listening to these so called leaders that don't have the peoples best interests at heart when we as a people should be just talking to each other.

• LauraV
    LauraV

Well, since comments such as: "Them people are finally learning to stay in their own part of town and keep to their own kind. Otherwise they'll be one less of 'em to worry about"

And the comment in response to it is: "Rub , u rite ‘gain, bro"

Then my comment is this, is one of the most racist JW Boards I've ever seen and I feel confident in saying that just like the two people who made the comments I quoted above are. At least it is offered here comments can be made from both sides of the argument here.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Laura

If you follow the personalities here you will recognize sarcasm in the comments

• LauraV
    LauraV

Im getting used to the people here, I myself hear no sarcasm in the comments in my post. I believe I can tell a flat out racist statement from sarcasm, but of course you have the right to disagree.

• minimus
    minimus

Laura, don’t judge. As was mentioned, it was total sarcasm. Lighten up. ( get it!) 😊

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit