OK, We Need To Talk About The Crazy New Great Tribulation Video...

by pale.emperor 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    1:18 - Satan is so stupid - even though this video is out - he still will do the 1 thing that makes god kill him:smile:

Exactly. I've been saying that for a while. Satan is given a chance to prove God wrong, and instead goes out of his way to prove God right. Why? The only thing that would make sense is for Satan to do whatever he can to make the earth a healthy and prosperous place. Only then could he rub it in God's face and prove that humans don't need God.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "... I guess I just don’t find this so surprising. If you believe what JWs believe, then this video is a pretty straightforward presentation of what JWs believe..."

I think it's the modern dramatization that kind of takes it across the Rubicon.

It's one thing to just read WT cosmology and eschatology; that method keeps it more abstract...

....but it's a whole 'nother thing to actually see it fully portrayed and presented in HD with Hollywood-style production values.

The weirder, harder-to-swallow aspects - (the idea that WT loyalists will be rounded up by NWO stormtroopers, just as one example) - can't help but end up being more emphasized.

It's like if Scientology made a movie about Xenu.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The difference between 1914 and 1919 isn’t 5 years. It’s the difference between being tied to the “generation” timescale and not being tied to a specific timescale.

With 1919 they get all the benefit of claiming authority as the faithful slave, without having to justify the generation prediction.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Slim...

1919 does give them more time than 1914 because it is not tied fo “this generation”.
    1919 simply marks the re-establishment of pure worship and the endtime can stretch from that date indefinitely.
    Keeping 1919 affirms the authority of the GB-faithful slave chosen in that year, without tying them down to 1914-generation teaching.
    For example Seventh Day Adventists believe the endtime and investigative judgement began in 1844 and continue to stretch this out.

But still Satan has a "short period of time" from when he was thrown down to the earth, which they still teach is 1914. If they ever change 1914 as not the birth of the kingdom or the start of the signs of the last day with Satan on the earth they are in a world of pain as that affects a lot of their teachings.

I agree they are trying to mention 1914 less and more on 1919 but the reality it that it doesn't change much.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The truth is the operation and activity of the Watchtower publishing house in all of its expenditures $$$ and human involvement since its beginning was the real cause of the fear mongering sinful false doctrines.

The WTS as been on the same illogical (theological) path for over 100 years and as its seen recently that path hasn't really changed much.

Notice in the video of Anthony Morris speech he stated three times in concession " Well we prayed on this ", three times for emphasis .

........the brothers in the past may have over speculated about Russia being the King of the North but now we are quite certain " THIS IS IT " the Great Tribulation is just around the corner.

Again fear mongering to stimulate the activity and adherence of the JWS members.

......Prophecy is being fulfilled brothers and sisters so we need to stand guard and reconfirm are commitment to Jehovah.

• sir82
    sir82

Satan is given a chance to prove God wrong, and instead goes out of his way to prove God right. Why?

+1000.

It's almost as Rutherford didn't think very clearly when he crafted the beyond-ludicrous "universal sovereignty issue".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder what will happen if Putin is ousted from power and the new President reinstates the JWS to operate freely in Russia ?

Once again the WTS leaders will have egg on their faces making god a habitual liar.

The WTS has been one of the most proficient organizations of making up lies , it kind of makes one wonder which spirit force are they getting their direction from ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems easier to stretch a “short period of time” to Satan (a spirit creature - who knows how he experiences time?) than it is to stretch a human generation.

For example they could possibly still be arguing that Satan’s “short” period is still going on in 2050 or 2100, but surely impossible to stretch a “generation” that far.

So if they drop 1914 and the generation, but keep 1919 as the establishment of true worship, then they have an endtime narrative they can essentially stick with indefinitely.

• Della Street
    Della Street

If they are confident God is going to save them, why run away? Just turn yourselves in and get on with it.

I'll have my lawn chair out with a bag of popcorn if any of you would like to join me.

DS

• waton
    waton
    DS:If they are confident God is going to save them, why run away?

They, GBs are confident that they will die, in time to be at the good end of Armageddon as heavenly fighters. And that is the scary part, for the OS left behind because

Judging by the anointed performance here now, how can you trust their protector role then? hit and miss all the time. off target off timing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit