Flat Earth and Jw. Not possible?

by Earthmeasured 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Can you tell me a prrof that is not an image from nasa? Lets debate

I'd rather not...

But here is a video showing the earth is round...not NASA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQwLmGR6bPA

Students did this: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/08/26/where_are_they_now_kids_behind_skyhigh_lego_man_are_all_grown_up_almost.html

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

You are a troll...you are ignoring every post and posting back without discussing...why not agree or disagree with shepherdless?

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Shepherdless. Tell me what eratosthenes obtained as a result

Earthmeasured, well the rest is just trigonometry. And simple trigonometry at that. Before going on, I would prefer that you acknowledge that the sun's shadow down a well can give a very accurate measure of the angle to vertical of the sun above the Earth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

OK so your not a troll then your a nutter .

Anyone with a grade school education who adamantly states the earth is not a globe is a nutter or a fool trying to take the piss of others .

Carry on.

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

Notsure wheretogo i ve stated the argument, due to respect or maybe a sense of ospitality i should be the one to lead this thread. I m asking for evidences that are not video or images and you post a video, its clear that you have not arguments and you are thus attacking the person

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

Eratosthenes arrived to define the radius of the globe. Or not?

• cofty
    cofty

Earthmeasured it is the person who makes extraordinary claims that has the burden of proof.

Tens of thousands of scientists from multiple fields of research all know that the earth is spherical. You have the arrogance to claim - without any relevant qualifications - that they are all wrong. Nobody here has to provide any evidence.

JWs are the most scientifically illiterate group of people on the planet but at least they got the shape of the planet right.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

You stated a belief you have, offer no proof and disregard any evidence and disregard people asking you questions by you replying with other questions.

Troll.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I agree with earthmeasured, the Bible says the earth is flat in over 60 scriptures it even says it’s supported by pillars and has corners. If the Bible said it it must be true! And that’s why they call me crazy.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Eratosthenes arrived to define the radius of the globe. Or not?

Correct. If you can measure and compare the angle of the sun above 2 wells north-south of each other by a significant distance, then calculating the radius of the earth is a simple trigonometric exercise.

In short, the radius will equal the (difference in angle / 90°) x the distance between the 2 wells divided by π/2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit