Flat Earth and Jw. Not possible?

by Earthmeasured 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

I ve asked to explain the eratosthenes experiment. Please, someone dares to do little debate?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Earth measured if you have a computer which I'm kind of convinced you do not you could go on to the free app called Google Earth and see what the globe looks like and then Spin and zoom in on various cities around the globe, Amsterdam, New York City, Sacramento, Sydney, Moscow, London, the North Pole and then the South Pole

Come back and report to us what you see

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There over 60 scriptures that imply the earth is flat and just one where it says it like a circle. It just goes to show that you shouldn’t put your trust in a book written by a bunch of goat herders!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am starting to feel we are being trolled by earthmeasured :(

• JinVA
    JinVA

My 11-year old son is heavy into astronomy. It is hilarious to see him get triggered anytime someone brings up flat-earthers or their beliefs! LOL

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

No trolling. Ok open minds no inside and no outside. I am PIMO of this earth

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    I ve asked to explain the eratosthenes experiment. Please, someone dares to do little debate?

I am happy to debate that with you, if you like.

• Newtonian
    Newtonian

As I posted - Isaiah 40:22 - earth is round (hhug/circle/sphere/H2329).

Job 26:10 - the terminator is a circle.(another form of the same Hebrew word).

Isaiah 40:22

(KJV+) It is he that sittethH3427 uponH5921 the circleH2329 of the earth,H776 and the inhabitantsH3427 thereof are as grasshoppers;H2284 that stretcheth outH5186 the heavensH8064 as a curtain,H1852 and spreadeth them outH4969 as a tentH168 to dwell in:H3427

Job 26:10

(LEB) He has described a circle on the face of the water between light and darkness.

Circle here is H2328 which is simply another form of H2329/hhug/chuwg.

A scientific cf.:

Ecclesiastes 1:6
    (ABP+) In itsG1473 risingG393 it goes forthG1607 toG4314 the south,G3558 andG2532 it circlesG2944 toG4314 the north;G1005 [3circlesG2944 5circlingG2944 4goingG4198 1theG3588 2wind],G4151 andG2532 atG1909 its circuitsG2945 G1473 [3returnsG1994 1theG3588 2wind].G4151

• Ecclesiastes 1:6
      New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)
      • 6 The wind goes south and circles around to the north;

Round and round it continuously circles; the wind keeps making its rounds.

Now, are any of you up to scientific reasoning as to why all of these wind circlings go north and south but not all go west and east?

Hint - it is basically the same cause of the water cycle as per Ecclesiastes 1:7 and ties in with verse 5 as well.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Just to clarify...we have a JW on here...still in...who had his privileges removed because he believes something that the WTBTS do not teach...and the WTBTS are right?

That's a first on here isn't it?

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

Hi shepherdless. Thanks. Can you please relate me a little eratosthenes experience? Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit