How Long Will YOU Identify As A Jehovah’s Witness?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I will be leaving soon ... very soon.

The time is just around the corner.

Rub a Dub

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I probably tell people that I grew up as a Jehovah’s Witness. I have no issues with it. The next question is always; “Are you still active?”

I usually dance around the question though… LOL

The eventual answer is no of course.

• minimus
    minimus

I typically say, “when I was a Jehovah’s Witness”.... never disfellowshipped or disassociated. Especially as an elder, it should get to a point that you just can’t do it anymore unless of course you have no principles.

• careful
    careful

Exelder—spot on!

• minimus
    minimus

Ex elder has an opinion. I think a person should eventually get out of a false religion if they KNOW it’s bogus. Especially if you are an elder. How long will you be a hypocrite, forever??

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I left over a decade ago, right from the off I told anyone that was interested that I was no longer a J.W. As a lover of Truth, I felt I could no longer identify with a religion that was founded on, and maintained by LIES.

I felt it would reflect very badly on me as a person, and upon my personal integrity. I know that nearly all who remain in the Org. now are not lovers of truth, not in any real sense, so this will not resonate with existing members, but I ask you, those still in, do you not care about what you are as a Human Being ?

I now feel not just that I am an Ex JW, but that I am an ex-ex JW. No vestige of JW thinking or feelings remains within me. I am now proud of who, and what, I am as a Human Being.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w82 4/15 pp. 23-24 par. 10 Enduring Joyfully Despite Persecution ***

Hence, when our activity is banned, it is generally our preaching and our meetings that are prohibited. “You can be Jehovah’s Witnesses,” we are often told, “but you may not preach or hold any meetings.” Yet if we did not preach or hold meetings, we would not be witnesses of Jehovah God or Christ Jesus, since a witness who does not say anything is really not a witness at all. (Isaiah 43:10, 12; Acts 1:8)

*** w55 1/1 p. 14 par. 14 Holding Fast the Public Declaration of Our Hope ***

Under that wholesome counsel by Paul it is very necessary for each one of us to look after himself. It is not just a matter of saying, ‘I am one of Jehovah’s witnesses,’ or one’s coming to a meeting and there sitting quietly. It really is a matter of inspecting yourself, testing or proving yourself by answering questions in public, voluntarily or when called upon. How can anyone say he is one of Jehovah’s witnesses if he does not attend and participate in the meetings of true worshipers of Jehovah? (John 4:23) How can he say, even to himself, that he believes the truth of God’s Word if he never expresses that truth to his brothers?

*** w59 12/1 p. 722 par. 8 “Prove Yourselves My Disciples” ***

All who are counted as Jehovah’s witnesses are active preachers of the good news meeting the Biblical standard of morals, since an inactive Christian or one not meeting the standard is not a Christian at all. He is not a witness for Jehovah. Of course, the same Biblical standard must be met in every country of the world.

• minimus
    minimus

That’s the bs. If you have a pulse and you were baptized, most would consider you still a JW. The articles cited are simply the shame factor that the Organization uses to do more.

• Exelder
    Exelder

"Ex elder has an opinion. I think a person should eventually get out of a false religion if they KNOW it’s bogus. Especially if you are an elder. How long will you be a hypocrite, forever??"

So speaks a person who has no real concept of what it is like for a born in JW contemplating leaving the only thing that he has ever known for his whole life, with no social circle or meaningful contacts outside of the congregation, knowing that he will lose contact with all JW family members including children and grandchildren and close friends who he has known his entire life.

No education, assets to fall back on, starting completely afresh after living his whole life in bubble, indoctrinated in a believe system that tells you all worldly people are bad.

I don't think you have ever been a JW Minimus, or you would have some idea of what HUGE life changing event it is to leave the congregation and live the rest of your grieving for all the friends and family you have lost and will never see again.

Until you walk in my shoes and take the steps I have taken to leave this religion, don't you ever judge me or anybody else for being a hypocrite.

You have NO IDEA just how brave many members on this forum have been to eventually leave.

We should not be judged, branded hypocrites or made to feel even worse by people like you.

• minimus
    minimus

Just so you will know ex elder I was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness I had been an elder for a number of years and yes I got out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit