How Long Before They Introduce Tithing?

by pale.emperor 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Doubter: For those trying to prop up the Mormons and SDAs for their alleged giving back, it stands to reason that social programs are being funded by the government, not tithes:

That statement seems to be nonfactual. None of the links you provided show any statistic regarding the funding source for charitable arms of said churches. The church itself says none of the funding for it's charity comes from government grants. LINK: https://www.ldscharities.org/pages/about-us

Please clarify your sources

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy,

Calm the heck down. Re read my post. I said “it stands to REASON”, meaning, you can draw a logical conclusion. I didn’t make a factual statement. I also used the word “probably”, meaning I am speculating. I am happy to admit that.

Thank you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh, I know the answer Sanchy, I just wanted to hear Ducker's amusing response.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Calm the heck down. Re read my post. I said “it stands to REASON”, meaning, you can draw a logical conclusion. I didn’t make a factual statement. I also used the word “probably”, meaning I am speculating. I am happy to admit that

It's why I asked you to clarify your sources, which apparently were none other than your biased speculations. Having been shown that said speculations were wrong, I hope you will be just as "happy to admit" so.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Yes, I am very happy to admit I was wrong in my speculation.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Come on Sanchy, give the guy a break. He's just doing the same thing the 8 gods he worships do in using words like "it stands to reason", "evidently", "likely", when spinning their latest tall tale. I'm not really sure why he tries, though he did tell me he's here to "hold us accountable", lmao.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hey, at least he admitted being wrong. The great 8 up in New York could learn something from him. Nice.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

though he did tell me he's here to "hold us accountable", lmao.

It seems Bobby.. errr, I mean Doubter, is more entertained by exJW subjects than with the "spiritual food" provided by his divinely selected superiors. I don't blame him.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Now, to address why WT doesn’t go get govt money to offer social service is because (1) they don’t need it, and (2) they are not a social service organization or have any social services arms.

That’s like asking why doesn’t the Red Cross go get govt funding to open bloodless surgery hospitals.

That’s not what they do.

• Doubter
    Doubter

I actually am entertained. Quite honestly, it is fascinating to me how alleged long-time ex-jws don’t appear (or at least play dumb to scare the public) to understand basic stuff all of a sudden.

That is really fascinating. I can’t get that anywhere else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit